The Chartered Accountant of Singapore is a recognised mark of excellence across all aspects of business – one that plays an important role in supporting the development of Singapore’s economy.
With effect from 1 January 2017, the Singapore Qualification Programme has been renamed as the Singapore CA Qualification; the Singapore QP Foundation Programme has been renamed as the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation).
The Foundation Programme provides an alternate pathway for candidates who do not have an accredited accountancy degree.
The Foundation Programme of the Academic Base will develop in graduates the base technical knowledge and skills as well as capacities for inquiry, abstract logical thinking, critical analysis, appropriate communication, personal and interpersonal skills required by the accounting profession. These provide a base for further development during the Professional Programme and Practical Experience. Candidates will have to sit for the Foundation Programme centralised examinations conducted by the Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC).
The Foundation Programme covers a set of six core syllabus areas:
- Principles of Financial Reporting;
- Advanced Financial Reporting;
- Accounting for Decision Making;
- Financial Management;
- Singapore Taxation.
The exam will be conducted on a separate day to give candidates time to prepare. It will be a two hour paper with a mixture of multiple choice and short-answer questions.
1. Academic Requirements
The Singapore CA Qualification builds on the strong foundation laid in the Academic Base.
To satisfy the requirements of the Academic Base, Candidates must either:
2. Practical Requirements
- Hold an Accredited Accountancy Degree with a five-year validity period commencing from the date of conferment;
- Hold an Accredited Degree with a five-year validity period commencing from the date of conferment and complete the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation);
- Hold a Non-Accredited Degree which must be recognised by the SAC as at least comparable to a three-year undergraduate degree using internationally recognised reference sources and complete the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation);
- Complete the Singapore Accountancy Commission-Ngee Ann Polytechnic (SAC-NP) Advanced Diploma in Accountancy.
Besides the Professional Programme, Practical Experience is also another key component of the Singapore CA Qualification. It enables candidates to acquire and manifest the requisite professional knowledge, skills, judgement, attitudes and behaviours required of a Chartered Accountant.
Intrinsic in the Singapore CA Qualification framework is the acquisition of a suite of competences in the pathway to becoming a Chartered Accountant of Singapore.
To attain the Chartered Accountant of Singapore designation, Candidates will have to complete 3 years of relevant practical work experience, under the supervision of an Approved Mentor
, and with a Training Agreement at an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO)
Fees & Funding
||$21400 (12 modules)