Introduction to ACCA
ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants offers business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
In order to become a qualified accountant and use the designatory letters "ACCA" after your name, you need to complete:
- 14 exams (nine of which are eligible for exemption)
- 3 years’ relevant practical experience requirements
- A Professional Ethics module
You have the opportunity to gain a BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University upon part completion of the ACCA Qualification exams*.
* Terms and conditions apply.Why Study with Kaplan?
- Platinum ACCA Approved Learning Partner
- Consistently producing ACCA Prize Winners
- Thousands of students have gone through our doors
- Voted Best Corporate Training Provider for Computer Science & IT, Finance Management and Senior Management & Leadership in 2017*
- Voted Top 3 Private institute in Singapore (2013 to 2016)**
* JobsCentral Learning Training and Education Development (T.E.D.) Awards 2017
** AsiaOne People’s Choice Awards.
At Kaplan Financial, we recognise that balancing work and personal commitments with studying is not easy. To help, we offer a variety of ways to study for the ACCA exams:
Courses are conducted in the mornings and afternoons. Full-time courses are suitable for overseas international students.
Strategic Business Leader (SBL)
The current P1 and P3 exams will be withdrawn following the June 2018 exam session and an exciting new exam - Strategic Business Leader (SBL) – will be introduced from September 2018.
- Students who have completed BOTH the P1 and P3 exams will receive a converted pass in the SBL exam.
- Students who have passed only one of these exams, for example, either P1 or P3, before September 2018 will have to complete the new SBL exam.
Through SBL, you will demonstrate the right blend of technical, ethical and professional skills through the evaluation, synthesis and presentation of responses within the context of an innovative case study. These are skills that employers around the world have said they want in professional accountants of the future. More information about ACCA’s global research on this, Professional Accountants – the future, can be found here http://future.accaglobal.com/the-future-of-accountancySupplementary
To better prepare students for the Strategic Business Leader paper, this course will include Kaplan’s very own realistic business simulation- The Kaplan Business Challenge. Read here (http://www.kaplan.com.sg/professional/kaplan-business-series-kbs/) for more details.
You need to fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years old and above
- Minimum 2 GCE ‘A’ Level and 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credits in English and Mathematics or
- 3 LCCI Higher Level passes (individual passes or diploma) and 2 LCCI Intermediate Level passes in Book-keeping and English for Commerce with 2 GCE ‘O’ Level credits in English and Mathematics. All five subjects must be distinct (different) subjects or
- Polytechnic Diplomas and recognised University degree or
- Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) qualification
- FIA Diploma in Accounting and Business
Fees & Funding
Please enquire below for course fees and financial grants: