The Diploma in Engineering (Electronics) will replace the Diploma in Technology (Electronics). The course can be completed in 2.5 years on a part-time basis.
Note: This proposed course is pending approval, and subject to further changes. More details will be released in early 2012.
Under a revised Framework, the new diploma aims to provide greater accessibility for working adults through:
- Reduced course duration
- Modular qualification structure
- Increased mobility between academic and competency-based systems
- Learning platforms that are adult-learner centric
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Working adults who wish to upgrade themselves, so as to provide more value-addedness to their jobs, hence to raise the productivity of Singapore's workforce.
This new CET Diploma will comprise five 195-hour Modular Certificates (MCs), with the completion of each resulting in an award of a Certificate. Each Certificate, comprising two to four modules, would focus on a specific area of expertise that will enable the participant to acquire knowledge and the ability to perform a job function better.
The 5 Module Certificates are:
Certificate in Fundamentals of Electrical & Electronic Engineering (April 2012)
- DC Technology & Applications
- AC Technology & Applications
- Basic Electronics & Applications
Certificate in Control Systems (October 2012)
- Practical Electronics with Application to Control Systems
- Analog Circuits & Applications
- Principles of Control Systems
Certificate in Internetworking (October 2012)
- Internetworking Essentials
- Local Area Networks
Certificate in Digital Electronics (April 2013)
- Digital Electronics & Applications
- Microcontroller Programming & Applications
Certificate in Communication Systems (April 2013)
- Digital Signal Processing & Applications
- Communication Systems
Fees & Funding
Please enquire below for course fees and financial grants: