The Diploma in Engineering (Aerospace) will replace the Diploma in Technology (Aerospace). The course can be completed in 2.5 years on a part-time basis.
Note: This proposed course is pending approval, and subject to further changes. More details will be released in early 2012.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Under a revised Framework, the new diploma aims to provide greater accessibility for working adults through:
- Reduced course duration
- Modular qualification structure
- Increased mobility between academic and competency-based systems
- Learning platforms that are adult-learner centric
Working adults who wish to upgrade themselves, so as to provide more value-addedness to their jobs, hence to raise the productivity of Singapore's workforce.
This new CET Diploma will comprise five 195-hour Modular Certificates (MCs), with the completion of each resulting in an award of a Certificate. Each Certificate, comprising two to four modules, would focus on a specific area of expertise that will enable the participant to acquire knowledge and the ability to perform a job function better.
The 5 Module Certificates are:
Certificate in Aviation Fundamentals (April 2012)
- Aerospace Fundamentals
- Mechanics of Flight
- Aerospace Maintenance Practices
Certificate in Aerospace Design & Processes (Oct 2012)
- Aerospace Materials and Processes
- Airworthiness Legislation and Quality Systems
- Aerospace Computer Aided Design
Certificate in Aircraft Propulsion Systems (April 2013)
- Fluid Mechanics
- Propulsion Fundamentals
- Aircraft Propulsion Systems
Certificate in Aircraft Electrical & Avionics Systems (October 2013)
- Basic Electricity and Electronics
- Aircraft Electrical Systems
- Avionics Theory & Systems
Certificate in Aircraft Structures & Systems (April 2014)
- Aircraft Structures and Mechanics
- Aircraft Systems
- Aircraft Environment & Auxiliary Systems
Fees & Funding
Please enquire below for course fees and financial grants: