Birmingham City University (BCU)
- BCU has an enviable reputation for providing quality, student-focused education in a professional and friendly environment.
- With around 23,500 students from 80 countries, BCU is a large, diverse and increasingly popular place to study. We put students at the heart of everything we do, giving them the best opportunities for future success.
- Ranked Top 100 in the Guardian League Table (2015)
- Graduate Employment Survey: 90 % graduates entering employment or further study within six months.
- Research Excellence Framework (REF2014), revealed that 90% of BCU’sresearch has delivered ‘outstanding’ or ‘very considerable’ impact in the real-world.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Business
from Birmingham City Univeristy.
The degree awarded will be the same as that to the on-campus graduates.
This degree programme may be completed in 18 months.
| Creative Problem Solving
| The Business Entrepreneur
| Business Operations and Logistics
| Contemporary Business Issues
| HRM Resourcing and Development
| Marketing Communications Planning
| International Business Strategy
| The Real World of Management
| Managing and Leading Strategic Change
| Making sense of Organisations
| Business Operations and Systems
| International Human Resource Management
| Sustainable Marketing
The Bachelor of arts (Honours) in Business programme accepts a wide range of advanced standing qualifications.
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Private Diploma/Advanced Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma in Commerce in the following specialisations:
- Business Administration
- General Studies
- Human Resource Maangement
- Marketing Management
- Finance and Banking
- Sales and Retail Management
- Logistic and Supply Chain Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Other qualification will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
All applications are subjected to the approval of Birmingham City University.
Applicants are required to meet Birmingham City University's English language requirements as follow:
i. GCE O-Level English Language at C-grade and above or
ii. IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
Duration & Intake
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme. This direct honours programme may be completed in a minimum of 18 months by enrolling in 2 modules per term over seven academic terms. Each module is supported with 24 contact hours with 2 to 3 regular teaching class per week. This is to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme. There will be no weekend classes.
A wide variety of assessment approaches are used across the programme. These include articles, business reports, academic papers, presentations, projects and examinations (case-based, open-book and closed-book). Assessment methods may vary according to individual module requirements.
Fees & Funding
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, textbooks, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
Non-tuition feesNon-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Programme fee: SGD $19,795 payable in 6 instalments
- Receive $300 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree course. T&Cs apply.
- Application fee: SGD 181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 3 Oct 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.