These are environmentally sensitive issues which have resulted in an increase of related legislation. In addition, some business activities require a knowledge of the environment. In the aquaculture industry, for example, biological knowledge is required to raise fish, prawns, algae and other crops. But there is no substitute for a good business plan. The benefit of this degree is that it gives you the knowledge and skill to do both.
This multi-disciplinary program uses the university's strengths in business, environmental and marine science. Students are provided with core knowledge and training in the application of business and environmental principles. The course provides a fundamental background in business, environmental and marine sciences that is essential for a holistic approach to business operations.
As a graduate of Bachelor of Business and Environmental Science you will be able to work within a range of public, private and non-profit industries. You can also work in the areas of agriculture, aquaculture, forestry and fisheries. The future is clear. All companies will require key staff who can facilitate growth of businesses in times of strong social and governmental demands for good environmental practices.
12 business + 12 science subjects
Environmental Science Subjects
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Economics for Sustainable Business
- Business, Environment and Society in the Tropics
- Contemporary Business Communications
- Plus 4 Business level 2 subjects and 4 Business level 3 subjects
- Introduction to Biodiversity
- Environmental Processes and Global Change
- Introduction to Sustainability
- Statistics and Data Analysis 1
- Introduction to Environmental Economics
- Marine Ecology and Environmental Assessment
- Plus 2 Environmental Science level 2 subjects and 4 Environmental Sciencelevel 3 subjects
- Introduction to Aquaculture
- Aquaculture of Tropical Species
- The Case for Sustainability
- Sustainable Aquaculture
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Sustainability in Practice
- Marine Conservation Biology
- Tropical Marine Ecology and Coastal Impacts
Bachelor of Business and Environmental Science comprises both business and science course subjects.
- The entrance requirements differ from country to country but in general applicants must have satisfactorily completed 12 years of schooling or equivalent, with maths as a compulsory subject.
- Students who do not have the compulsory subject may be considered for admission on an individual case-by-case basis.
For further information email email@example.comEnglish Requirements
- IELTS 6.0 (no component lower than 6.0)/TOEFL iBT 79 (with minimum writing score of 19) and above; or
- Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP).
- Students who have successfully completed 2 years of full-time study in English medium may satisfy the English Language Requirement
International students holding a valid Student’s Pass are required to attend at least 90% of scheduled classes per month. Failure to attend classes is a breach of the student visa conditions. Being absent from classes for a continuous period of seven days or more, or attendance falling below 90% without valid reasons will result in the student needing to surrender their Student's Pass for cancellation.
Domestic students must attend at least 75% of the scheduled lecture and tutorial activities to be eligible for assessment.
Duration & Intake
March, July, November
2 years full time
Fees & Funding
*Fees apply to all Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass)
Note: All course fees include prevailing 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST)