22 Nov 2017

JobsCentral Learning Training & Development (T.E.D.) Awards 2017 Winners

On October 27, leaders of private education institutions and giants of corporate training providers congregated in the ballroom of The Westin Singapore for one of the biggest industry events of the year. The annual JobsCentral Learning Training & Development (T.E.D.) Awards was specially designed to recognise and commend private education institutes (PEIs) and corporate training providers (CTPs) based in Singapore for outstanding performance in learning services delivered to students and clients.

For PEIs, the scoring mechanism was twofold. It was based on public’s votes carrying 30% weightage, with the remaining 70% based on an esteemed
panel of judges consisting of individuals with the relevant knowledge and expertise in the industry. As for CTPs, results were based solely on public’s votes.

Judging criteria was rigorous and holistic to sift out and surgically assess the best institutions and providers. Organisation’s effectiveness, quality assurance, and achievements were the three main pillars of judging. Response and support from the public was overwhelming, with approximately 12,500 votes polled for the PEI category, and more than 4000 for the CTP category.

You, the public, and key industry players have spoken. These are your

Kaplan Higher Education Institute was the big winner of the night, taking home the awards for Best Accountancy, Best Business Management, and Best Law courses. Kaplan Higher Education Academy took the honours for Best Marketing and Best Psychology courses. Auston Institute of Management won the category for Best Computer Science & IT, while At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy and SHATEC were voted Best Culinary Arts and Best Food & Beverage respectively. Dimensions International College rounded up our PEIs category claiming the award for Best Hospitality & Tourism.

Under the CTPs category, Kaplan Learning Institute won Best Computer Science and IT, Best Finance Management, and Best Senior Management & Leadership, while Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS) was established Best Learning and Development.

There is a special category to recognise service provider nominees who obtained at least 25% of public votes. The Gold Standard Service Provider awards (PEIs) for Business Management and Culinary Arts were given to Dimensions International College. Kaplan Higher Education Academy was recognised for Computer Science and IT, At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy for Food & Beverage, MDIS for Psychology, and ITC School of Laws for Law.

For CTPs, MDIS was again awarded for Senior Management & Leadership, while Marketing Institute of Singapore (MIS) was saluted for Learning & Development.

To find out more about these institutions and providers and the courses they offer, head down to JobsCentral Learning where there is a perfect fit for everyone.