10 Learn From Home Tips
Studying at home for your certificate or part-time degree? Our 10 tips will help you concentrate, retain information, and ace your tests and assignments!
- Stick to a schedule. Sticking to a schedule keeps you productive, organised, and sane, same as timetables did while you were in secondary school.
- Make learning a habit. Habits help you hold yourself accountable, while also building up confidence and self-discipline through repetition. Set aside a dedicated time for learning and make a habit of it!
- Join a supportive learning community. The internet makes it easy to engage with other learners and build a community online. You can join a Facebook group, start a Whatsapp chat with friends and coursemates, or simply talk to friends and family.
- Learn together. Join a group study session on Zoom or take a course together with others.
- Set reasonable goals. Set reasonable, achievable goals for yourself. If something feels big, try breaking it down into smaller goals. Don’t think of becoming a data scientist, first think of how to complete your assignments.
- Schedule breaks. Remember to add break time and “me time” into your timetable, and be generous with these slots.
- Remember to take the time to rest. But, don’t hold yourself strictly to the schedule. Remember that sometimes you just need a break, and that’s ok. Listen to your body to avoid breakdown.
- Organise your workspace. There’s some good tips on how to do that here! Clear away clutter, keep your books and learning materials near you, and most importantly, phone on silent!
- Share your progress. Last but not least, share your progress with friends, family, and your online community. Keep them in the know so that they can…
- Celebrate your learning! You’re doing a great thing in putting in the hours to better yourself. Cheer yourself on, pat yourself on the back, and have fun!
Photo from freepik