Do you aspire to have a career in communication or media?
In this Major, you will develop new skills and gain experience as you analyse both traditional and new media texts, learn about the power of communication and its impact on society and culture, and develop research skills that enable you to examine global media issues, cultural and media policies, and audience behaviour.
You will also have the chance to work on a communication project and be career-ready.
Students have the option to enrol in either single or double majors.
Global Media and Communication
Building Enterprise Skills
Communicating Global Issues
Consulting and Freelancing
Global Media and Culture
Media Governance and Globalisation
Social, Games and Mobile Media
Online and Mobile Journalism
Journalism and Society
Media Law and Ethics
Students are required to complete the following common units:
- Career Learning: Managing Your Career — exempted for 3-year Polytechnic Diploma holders; subject to University’s approval
- Building Enterprise Skills OR Consulting and Freelancing
Applicants may be required to complete general elective units to fulfil the required credit points.Year 1 Unit Outline — exempted for private Diploma and Polytechnic Diploma holders subject to the University’s approval
The Year 1 unit outline can be found in the Murdoch University handbook: http://handbook.murdoch.edu.au/
Applicants with a Polytechnic Diploma may be exempted from up to 12 units and can gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. Applicants with a Murdoch University-recognised Kaplan Diploma or a private Diploma may be exempted from up to 8 units and can also gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. The programme can be completed in 16 months instead of 28 months and applicants have the option to enrol for either Single or Double Majors.
The Bachelor’s Degree programme accepts a wide range of qualifications with advanced standing.
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Private Diploma, Advanced Diploma, ACCA or other equivalent qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants admitted to the Bachelor’s Degree programme may be required to undertake bridging units to fulfil the prerequisite knowledge. In all cases, the final decision on admission to the programme rests with the University.English Requirement
- Successful completion of a recognised approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English, can be considered.
- International students are required to meet the University’s English language requirement. Click here for more information.
Duration & Intake
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme, and they have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and attend classes once or twice a week depending on their study load. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme. Each unit is supported with 24 contact hours.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor of Transnational Education & Deputy Dean of Murdoch University are based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Fees & Funding
The total fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme Fee:
- S$20,287.20 (12 units, Single Major*) payable in 4 instalments
- S$26,482.50 (15 units, Double Major with exemption) payable in 4 instalments
- S$26,536 (16 units, Double Major) payable in 4 instalments
- Receive S$400 referral fee when you recommend your friend to enrol in the Degree programme. T&Cs apply.
*Single Major refers to the Bachelor of Communication in Global Media and Communication Degree.Education LoanChoice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter
Please click here for more information on Maybank Education loan and here
for OCBC Frank Education loan. T&C apply, subject to bank’s approval.Non-Tuition Fees
Non-refundable application fees are as follows: For Singaporean/PR
- Application Fee: S$192.60
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 10 October 2020. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.