The International Foundation Diploma in Biomedical Sciences programme is designed to foster opportunities for entry into the life science industry and as an avenue for students to embark on further professional development and is particularly suited for:
- Students who wish to pursue higher education in Biomedical Sciences or Biotechnology, as well as a host of other disciplines.
- Professionals who lack previous exposure to the sciences but are involved in the life sciences industry or are preparing for entry into that industry.
- Individuals who wish to pursue an alternative career path and those who have a keen interest in the discipline will also find the programme a rewarding first step into the diverse field of biological sciences. Members of the cosmetics, food, legal, teaching, banking and environmental professions who would also find the programme of individual benefit to their knowledge base.
Anatomy & Physiology
Molecular Cell Biology
Applicants must be of age 14 and above, and meet at least one of the following requirements:
At least 1 GCE 'O' Level Pass* OR
NITEC / Higher NITEC qualification OR
International applicants must have completed 10 years of foreign formal education OR
Mature candidates (≥30 years old with 8 years relevant work experience) OR
At least 1 ‘IGCSE’ Level Pass
*Note: 1 GCE O level subject would need to be relevant Science subject (internal MDIS academic policy)
English Language Requirements
C6 pass in English at GCE ‘O’ level or equivalent OR
Achieve a minimum band of 5.5 in IELTS or equivalent OR
Pass the English Entrance Test conducted by MDIS OR
MDIS Professional Certificate in English OR
1 ‘IGCSE’ Level Pass (either English 1st language or 2nd language) OR
Online English Placement Test conducted by MDIS OR
Letter from College/University clearly stating the Medium of Instruction of the highest qualification to be English OR
Achieve a minimum score of 85 and above in Duolingo English Test
Duration & Intake
Full-time: 6 months
Part-time: 12 months
Fees & Funding
Fees & Structure (Local)
|| Tuition Fees
|| Non-tuition Fees
|| S$200.00 - S$450.00
Application fees: S$107.00Fees & Structure (International)
| Tuition Fees
|| Non-tuition Fees
|| S$1,900.00 - S$2,300.00
Application fees: S$481.50Note:
# All application fees are non-refundable.
# All fees quoted are inclusive of GST.
- Non-tuition fees for full-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, medical insurance, fee protection scheme.
- Non-tuition fees for part-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop and fee protection scheme.
# International: Non-tuition fees for full-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, medical insurance, medical examination, administrative fee, study guide and e-Book.
# Non-tuition fees for international students may vary.
# Non-tuition fees are non-refundable, refer to MDIS refund policy for more details.