Broadcast media production equips you with skills within TV, audio, radio, film and interactive media. The programme gives students the opportunity to develop skills within a variety of disciplines and access to many different career opportunities.
The overall aims of the programme are to:
- Produce distinctive employment-ready graduates who are producers of creative and informed work that is relevant to contemporary multi-platform broadcast media industries.
- Produce adaptive, imaginative and critically-aware graduates who have a broad contextual understanding and high-level technical knowledge of the multiple disciplines within the broadcast media industries.
- Produce graduates who have an informed understanding of the economic context of media production and who can apply appropriate entrepreneurial abilities when dealing with clients, audiences and markets.
- Produce graduates who have a critical understanding of the ever-changing nature of the broadcast media industries.
- Produce graduates who are able to work effectively both in teams and independently.
- Produce graduates who have a range of scholarly and practice-based research skills who can apply these to find solutions to real-world problems.
- Produce graduates who are confident in working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Produce graduates who understand the complex national and international contexts in which media is produced.
- Produce graduates with identified areas of professional strength whilst possessing a multiple skillset.
- Documentary Production
- Individual Production Portfolio
- Lights, Camera, Action: The Language of Film
- Making It in the Media 2
- Experimental Digital Production
- Fiction Production
- Client-based Production Project
- Creative Content Development
- Independent Project (Broadcast Media Production)
- Making It in the Media 3
- Current Issues in Media Production
Local and International Application
Applicants must be age 17 and above and meet the following requirements:
For Year 2 entry
Higher Diploma+ in Mass Communications OR
Relevant diploma level qualifications awarded by other Private Education Institutions (PEIs) with an entry requirement of 12 years of formal education
For Year 3 entry
Relevant polytechnic diplomas with a pass grade OR
Overseas polytechnic diplomas with an entry requirement of 10 years of formal education OR
Higher National Diploma level qualifications in Mass Media related disciplines OR
Relevant PEI qualification (equivalent to 1st and 2nd year EDP) with entry requirement of 12 years of formal education.
+ Formally known as International Diploma in Mass Communications.
English Language Requirements
Applicants must meet at least one of the following English Language requirements:
Possess a C6 in English at GCE 'O' Levels OR
IELTS 6.0 (with no elements lower than 5.5) OR
MDIS Professional Certificate in English OR
Pass MDIS English Placement Test OR
* All applications are subjected to University's approval through its Recognition of Prior Learning Policy and procedures.
Duration & Intake
Full-time : 16 months
Part-time : 24 months
Full-time : 8 months
Part-time : 12 months
Fees & Funding
Fees & Structure (Local)
| Duration & Structure
|| Tuition Fees
|| Non-tuition Fees
|Year 2 (16 Months)
|| S$700.00 - S$1,900.00
|Year 3 (8 Months)
Application Fees: S$160.50Fees & Structure (International)
| Duration & Structure
| Year 2 (16 Months)
|| S$2,600.00 - S$4,200.00
| Year 3 (8 Months)
Application Fees: S$481.50
- All application fees are non-refundable.
- All fees quoted are inclusive of GST.
- Local: Non-tuition fees for full-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, academic writing workshop, medical insurance and fee protection scheme. Non-tuition fees for part-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, academic writing workshop and fee protection scheme.
- International: Non-tuition fees for full-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, academic writing workshop, medical insurance, medical examination and administrative fee.
- Non-tuition fees for international students may vary.
- Non-tuition fees are non-refundable, refer to MDIS refund policy for more details.