Broadcast media production equips you with skills within TV, audio, radio, film and interactive media. The programme gives students the opportunity to develop skills within a variety of disciplines and access to many different career opportunities.
The overall aims of the programme are to:
- Produce distinctive employment-ready graduates who are producers of creative and informed work that is relevant to contemporary multi-platform broadcast media industries.
- Produce adaptive, imaginative and critically-aware graduates who have a broad contextual understanding and high-level technical knowledge of the multiple disciplines within the broadcast media industries.
- Produce graduates who have an informed understanding of the economic context of media production and who can apply appropriate entrepreneurial abilities when dealing with clients, audiences and markets.
- Produce graduates who have a critical understanding of the ever-changing nature of the broadcast media industries.
- Produce graduates who are able to work effectively both in teams and independently.
- Produce graduates who have a range of scholarly and practice-based research skills who can apply these to find solutions to real-world problems.
- Produce graduates who are confident in working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Produce graduates who understand the complex national and international contexts in which media is produced.
- Produce graduates with identified areas of professional strength whilst possessing a multiple skillset.
Our graduates go on to work in a variety of creative industries including film, TV, radio, audio production, creative arts organisations, marketing, social media campaigns and events
- Documentary Production
- Individual Production Portfolio
- Lights, Camera, Action: The Language of Film
- Making It in the Media 2
- Experimental Digital Production
- Fiction Production
- Client-based Production Project
- Creative Content Development
- Independent Project (Broadcast Media Production)
- Making It in the Media 3
- Current Issues in Media Production
Applicants must be age 17 and above and meet one of the following requirements:
For Year 2 entry:
For Year 3 entry:
- International Diploma in Mass Communications; or
- Relevant diploma level qualifications awarded by other Private Education Institutions (PEIs) with an entry requirement of 12 years of formal education.\
English Language requirements
- Relevant polytechnic diplomas with a pass grade ; or
- Overseas polytechnic diplomas with an entry requirement of 10 years of formal education; or
- Higher National Diploma level qualifications in Mass Media related disciplines; or
- Relevant PEI qualification (equivalent to 1st and 2nd year EDP) with entry requirement of 12 years of formal education.
Applicants must meet at least one of the following English Language requirements:
- Possess a C6 in English at GCE “O” Levels; or
- IELTS 6.0 (with no elements lower than 5.5); or
- Pass grade for MDIS Professional Certificate In English; or
- Pass the MDIS Placement Test at Advanced Level.
Duration & Intake
Full-time : 16 months
Part-time : 24 months
Full-time : 8 months
Part-time : 12 months
Fees & Funding
Please enquire below for course fees and financial grants: