Seeking or advancing your career as a dental nurse? Understand how dental surgery assistant course can help you.
Why choose Dental Assisting to be a career?
The flexibility of working Part-Time or Full Time. Considerable number of dental clinics available everywhere (evenly distributed in all neighbourhoods) allowing you to choose to work in clinics nearer to your home. No age cap imposed on potential candidates. No higher education qualification needed. Dental nurses are highly in demand, it means landing a position as a dental nurse is very likely. The testimony of our oldest course participant, Katheryn Ooi, 68, can attest to the above.
Katheryn Ooi, 68, semi-retiree
Her reason for joining Dental Surgery Assistant Course Level 1, Basic:
She wanted to seek a job that is not desk bounded after doing general accounting for more than 48 years. Though she possesses Childhood educator and nanny certificates, she was still looking for a suitable job.
She decided to try out Dental Surgery Assistant course. Despite not being familiar with dental technical terms and instruments, she could still catch up with the course. She enjoyed the 1-day attachment as it gave her direct realistic experience while witnessing the progression of how dental care has evolved since her younger days.
After receiving her certificate, she found that getting a job easy. She secured a part-time position after declining a full time offer in just a 2 days search. She said she will recommend this field to people who are not afraid of blood and cleaning up.
- Worried about lack of experience and knowledge in dentistry
- Wonder how the clinic environment is
- Unclear on the expectation and job scope of a Dental Nurse/Assistant
- Reduce struggles in learning on the job
- Gain confidence and recognition
- Learn about standard ways of preparing for dental procedures
- Earn certification to advance in career
How can Dental Surgery Assistant Course help?
Our Dental Surgery Assistant (DSA) course is a certified program from Dental Nursing Australia (DNA), a recognised dental institution. It is presented by Dental Training Academy (Singapore) Pte Ltd to Singapore. This basic level 1 course introduces participants to the main roles of Dental Assistant, in theoretical terms as well as practical experience to familiarize with the instruments, equipment and basic procedures.
This course program provides participants with an Australian qualification pathway in Dental Assisting, which upon successful completion of Level I, II, III & IV, leads to entrance into Health Science with Edith Cowan University, Perth in Western Australia.
Key Benefits and Outcomes of attending Dental Surgery Assistant Course
- Identify the key role and support of a dental assistant/nurse
- Learn and use instruments required in dental assisting
- Understand the importance of hygiene and practices
- Explore your prospects as a dental nurse through the 1 Day job attachment
- Attain certification
Immediate and Long-term Benefits
- Achieving higher salary
- Improving your marketability
- Positioning yourself for future job opportunities
- Be guided through the basic knowledge of being a Dental assistant
- Learn about dental terms and instruments associated with common procedures
- Understand how to prepare the room, handle patients and assist dentists
- 1 Day Job attachment to familiarize with dental clinic operation and environment