At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy is an EduTrust-certified institution that delivers a high-quality culinary and F&B education using a unique, synchronised study-apprenticeship pedagogy that seeks to maximise students’ employability and preparedness for careers as global chefs and F&B professionals.
Since its establishment in 2001, At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy has been recognised by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency as a CET Institute for Culinary and F&B Management, and has been appointed to house the National Assessment Centre for F&B professionals.
Multiple pathways, usingthe national WSQ Framework, are available to students who can choose from a range of nationally recognised degree, diploma, certificate, modular, assessment-only and continuing education programmes suitable for their level of experience and commitment.
The academy was conceptualized in 1999 by our founder Dr Kwan Lui and started its operations in 2001 with the aim of being an Asian Culinary Academy.
By 2004, At-Sunrice has expanded its vision to embrace both Asian and Western cuisines. Today, the academy is EduTrust certified and is recognised by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) as a National CET Institute (NCI) administering nationally-recognised diplomas, is partnered with America's world class university Johnson & Wales University (JWU) and is a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) and the American Culinary Federation (ACF).
1. 2011 marked our 10th year at Fort Canning Park and we have moved to an incredible new campus at 28 Tai Seng Street!
2. At-Sunrice won the Asian Gastronomic Awards of Excellence Electrolux Culinary Institution of the Year
3. Conferred 2010 At-Sunrice GlobalChef© Award to 5 recipients
4. At-Sunrice was recognised for its Quality Culinary Education by the World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS)
1. CEO Christophe Megel received the 7th International Management Actions Award (IMAA)
2. At-Sunrice received the Recognition of Achievements and Contribution to the success of the 1st Summer Youth Olympic Games 2010 by the Singapore Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee
3. National Environment Agency (NEA) appointed At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy as the official training provider for the "WSQ Conduct Food and Beverage Hygiene Audit" - accredited under Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications System (WSQ) framework
4. Accredited the EduTrust certification by Council of Private Education (CPE).
5. Conferred 2010 At-Sunrice GlobalChef© Award to 7 recipients
1. Was accredited with National CET Institute (NCI) by Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
2. Rolled out WSQ Diploma in Pastry & Baking and 12 WSQ CE programmes
3. Started the first WSQ Diploma in Culinary Arts, WSQ Certificate in F&B Service, WSQ Certificate in Food Production
4. Finalist, STB Singapore Education Awards for Best Enrichment Programme "Study Abroad Singapore"
5. Officially adopted WSQ curriculum and diplomas
6. Conferred 2009 At-Sunrice GlobalChef© Award to 5 recipients
1. CEO Christophe Megel was conferred Chevalier (Knight) in Ordre national du Mérite (National Order of Merit) by the President of the French Republic
2. Was accredited by WDA as Quality Provider (QP) for WSQ programs
3. Was awarded WGS WSQ Approved Training Organisation of the Year
4. Was awarded WGS Electrolux Culinary Institution of the Year
5. Conferred 2008 At-Sunrice GlobalChef© Award to 4 recipients
1. Achieved Singapore Quality Class for Private Education Organisation (SQC PEO)
2. CEO Chef Christophe Megel was conferred French Master Chef status by Maitre de Cuisinier (French Association of Master Chefs)
3. Was awarded with the next 250 WSQ culinary scholarships worth S$4.72 Million for DCCSE and DIPB programs, as well as Continuing Education programs
4. Conferred the 2007 At-Sunrice GlobalChef© Award to 6 recipients
1. Was accredited by WDA for WSQ programs and awarded the first 100 culinary scholarships for DCCSE and DIPB programs worth S$1.5 Million
2. Founder Mrs Kwan Lui received World Gourmet Summit Awards of Excellence 2006 SPRING Singapore Lifetime Achievement Award
3. Openned new wing at the cost of S$1.5 Million, to include professional Asian and Western kitchens, a Pastry and Baking school as well as a Wine Academy, expanding the professional academy by twice
4. Started the 15-month Diploma in Pastry and Baking Arts (DIPB) in Singapore
5. Conferred the 2006 At-Sunrice GlobalChef© Award to 4 recipients
1. Started the one-year Diploma in Culinary Craft (DCC)
2. Started the three-month Culinary & Service Excellence certificate course (CSE)
3. Achieved CASETrust Accreditation
4. Recognised as WDA Approved Training Centre (NSRS)
5. Became member of the French Culinary Institute (FCI)
6. Conferred the first At-Sunrice GlobalChef© Award to 8 recipients
1. Started the first two-year Advanced Culinary Placement Diploma (ACP) in partnership with Johnson & Wales University (JWU) for Asian students
2. Developed the Culinary & Service Excellence Certificate (CSE)
3. Deployed the Study & Work pedagogy with top hotel and F&B outlets
1. Introduced SpiceOdyssey® to the general public - a fun, experiential and educational alfresco event featuring the 10 Kingdoms of Spices
2. Became a member of American Culinary Federation (ACF)
1. Started the first professional classes in Asian Culinary Arts (ACA) and Study Abroad (SA) for Johnson & Wales University (JWU)
1. Started the first class in leisure morning gourmet and corporate bonding.
Values and Culture
In running our daily operations, we adopt the 12 Spices approach to permeate and promote our values within the academy. These include sharing our vision, principles, brand values, involvement, teamwork, empowerment, ambassadorship, welcome (hospitality), continuous learning, telephone etiquette, grooming, and protection of our assets.
For problem resolutions, we use the 6-grains process to close culture gaps by identifying the problem, analysing the problem, generating potential solutions, selecting and planning solutions, implementing the solutions and evaluating the solutions.