- Prepare Vanilla Sauce
- Prepare Pastry Cream
- Prepare Syrup and Fruit Coulis
- Prepare Fruit Filling
- Prepare Savoury Filling
At the end of the module, learners are required to complete a total of 2.5 hours of summative assessment, comprimising Practical Performance and Oral Questioning.What certification will be granted
Candidates who are competent will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by Singapore Workforce Development Agency for the WSQ competency unit "Prepare Sweet and Savoury Fillings, Sauces and Creams."Who will benefit and should attend?
Passion for baking, Trainee Baker, Pastry Chefs, Food and Beverage Restaurateurs, Supermarket Operations, Entrepreneurs and baking enthusiast.
Possesses creative, artistic flair and mentorship.Modes of Instruction
Emphasis on hands-on training to equip learner with competent relevant skills at the workplace.
This course is developed based on WSQ National Competency Standard for the Food and Beverage Operations Industry. On completion of this Competency Unit, the Adult Learner/Student will have the skills knowledge competencies and attributes (value) acquired and be able to apply them at various workplaces.
- Functionality of ingredient used
- Tmepering of egg mixture
- Methods of preparing filling, sauce and cream
- Characteristics of ingredients (Fresh, frozen and canned fruit)
- Understanding the quality standards for vanilla sauce, pastry cream, syrup and fruit coulis, fruit filling and savoury filling
- Evaluate prepared fillings, sauce and cream by comparring and assessing the outcome as part of the learning activities.
- Minimum 16 years old
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English and possess a minimum qualification of Employability Skills (ES)
- WSQ Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4 (Lower Secondary)
Duration & Intake
Full Time : 8 hours per day x 3 days
Part-Time : 4 hours per day x 6 days
Fees & Funding
Prepare Cookies : S$TBA* (pending funding approval by WDA)
Re-assessment Fee : S$53.50
*fees include tuition fee, training materials, assessment fee and registration fee
All cost are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST)
Skills Development Fund (SDF)
Workfare Training Support (WTS)
Funding subject to WDA eligibility criteria
Please visit http://www.skillsconnect.gov. for more details.
Method of Payment
All fees to be paid in Singapore Dollars. Payment can be made by Cash, Cheque, NETS, Credit Cards or Internet Banking. All cheque payments should be crossed "A/C Payee Only" and made payable to Baking Industry Training College Pte Ltd. Please write the learner's name and class code behind the cheque. Learners are liable for any bank charges incurred.