At the end of the module, learners are required to complete a total of 2.5 hours of summative assessment, comprising Practical Performance and Oral Questioning.
What certification will be granted?
Candidates who are competent will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by Singapore Workforce Development Agency for the WSQ competency unit "Prepare Muffins and Scones
- Prepare to bake muffins and scones
- Sift dry ingredients together
- Prepare batter and dough
- Scale battter and shape dough
- Bake muffins and scones
- Cool muffins and scones
- Store muffins and scones
The course is developed based on WSQ National Competency Standard for the Food and Beverage Operations Industry. On completion of this Competency Unit, the Adult Learner / Student will have the skills, knowledge competencies and attributes(Value) acquired and be able to apply them at various workplaces.
- Knowledge on the type of baking ingredients suitable for muffins and scones.
- Properties and functionality of ingredients used.
- Method and techniques used to produce muffins and scones.
- Discuss and calculate the recipes using Baker's Percentage ratio and proportion.
- Evaluate baked muffins and scones by comparing and assessing the product outcome.
- Complete baking to the required standard taking into consideration the colour of crumb grain and uniform cell structure.
- Minimum 16 Years Old
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English and possess a minimum qualification of Employability Skills (ES)
- WSQ Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4 (Lower Secondary)
Duration & Intake
Modes of Instruction
- Full Time: 8 Hours per day x 3 days
- Part Time: 4 Hours per day x 6 day
Emphasis on hands-on training to equip learner with competent relevant skills at the workplace.
Fees & Funding
- Prepare Muffins and Scones : S$556.40*
- Re-assessment Fee : S$53.50
* (fees include tuition fee, training materials, assessment fee and registration fee)
All costs are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST)Fundings
Skills Development Fund (SDF)
Workfare Training Support (WTS)
Funding subject to WDA eligibility criteria.
Please visit http://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for more details.METHOD OF PAYMENT
All fees to be paid in Singapore Dollars. Payment can be made by Cash, Cheque, NETS, Credit Cards or Internet Baking. All cheque payments should be crossed "A/C Payee Ony" and made payable to Baking Industry Training College Pte Ltd. Please write the learner's name and class code behind the cheque, Learners are liable for any bank charges incurred.