This course is designed to orient students to the field of education at a postgraduate level. It is suited to students who have a first qualification in a discipline other than education. It is also a pathway for students who do not yet meet the entry requirements for the Master of Education.
It provides you with an understanding of concepts and contemporary issues in education and of educational contexts and systems, locally and globally. It develops knowledge and understanding of major theoretical and professional debates in specialist areas within the field of education and locates these within contemporary research. Completion of the course positions you to pursue studies in the Master of Education course. Through your studies, you will:
- acquire knowledge of foundational concepts and traditions in education
- develop understanding of recent issues and debates across policy and practice
- apply critical perspectives on substantive and contemporary issues and ideas
- demonstrate analytical skills in evaluating, synthesising and communicating academic concepts
- build confidence in academic practice at an advanced level.
This course consists of two 12-point units:
For Master of Education Track:
For Master of Counselling Track:
- Interacting with research in education contexts
- Investigating education issues in global contexts
Progression to Further Studies
- Introduction to mental health issues
- Counselling children and adolescents
This course provides a pathway to the following master’s coursework degrees:
- Master of Education
- Master of Counselling
- Master of Leadership in Organisational Learning
Area of Studies
Each term is a 3-month period covering 1 course of study. Each unit consists of 20 contact hours and will be conducted on week 4 or week 5 of the term, from Thursday till Sunday, after office hours in the evenings and/or over the weekends/public holidays. Professional experience intervention and support policy
100% course work
2 Units Programme (Duration: 6 months)
Applicants must have successfully completed a recognised Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification with a pass average. Alternatively, applicants with 5 years of relevant full-time informal learning, with a recommendation letter or reference from an employer will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
In all cases, the final decision for admission to the programme rests with the University.
Fees & Funding
The total fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
Education LoanChoice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Programme fee: S$12,398.30
- Receive $200 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our graduate certificate course. T&Cs apply.
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Please click here for more information on Maybank Education loan and here
for OCBC Frank Education loan. T&Cs apply, subject to bank’s approval.Non-Tuition Fees
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$192.60
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 5 November 2020. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.