Accounting is essential to every industry – from your favourite products and platforms, to favoured sports teams and causes. Through studying this Degree, you will acquire the necessary professional and creative skills to shape business interactions in a creative, well-informed and ethical way.
Students will explore and understand how to make decisions related to buying and selling shares, lending or borrowing money, and providing goods for cash or on credit.
You will gain new skills in areas such as financial statement analysis, forecasting and budgeting, negotiation, ethical decision-making and problem-solving. These are skills that enhance your understanding of accounting standards, auditing standards and taxation acts.
Thoroughly understand the language of business by acquiring an Accounting Degree.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Professional Accreditations, Recognition & Memberships
• Accredited by CPA Australia
Direct entry into CPA programmes
• Accredited by Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
• Recognised by ACCA
• Recognised by the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) for Professional membership
- Associate member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA)1
Associate membership is available to applicants who have completed an accounting degree or an equivalent accounting qualificationRankings
More reasons to choose Murdoch University
- World’s Top 100 Universities under 50 years old (Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2019 – Top 250 global universities under 50 years old)
- Top 100 Best Universities in the Asia-Pacific region (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019)
- Polytechnic graduates receive exemptions
Students with Polytechnic Diplomas will be given exemptions and may gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. They can complete the programme in 16 months instead of 28 months, subject to university’s approval.
- Technology-integrated Learning
Technology-integrated learning refers to a study experience in which students achieve a given set of learning outcomes by interacting in more than one medium. This approach involves the meaningful and balanced use of digital media such as recorded lectures, podcasts, text or graphics, with other elements such as a video or quiz. It may even encompass active learning methods such as student-generated blogs, where appropriate.
With technology-integrated learning, students will not only reap the benefits of face-to-face guidance and collaboration but also – in carrying out some of their learning online – benefit from added flexibility and control over the time, place, path and pace of learning.
- Studiosity – an on-demand, study-support service
Students will be given additional academic support via the access to Studiosity which is an on-demand, study-support service. Trained network subject specialists are available to offer you help.
- Murdoch University Faculty
The collective expertise of Murdoch University Singapore Office’s teaching staff, which comprises of both industry experts and academics with PhD qualifications, allows students to gain practical learning and critical thinking skills.
Double Majors Available
- Murdoch University is recognised by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and is on their list of acceptable institutions (Applicable only to foreign student applying training employment pass)
- Murdoch University is listed as one of the approved universities (Law Degree) eligible for admission to the Singapore Bar by the Singapore Ministry of Law (Applicable only to on-campus students)
- Murdoch University is recognised by the Australian government
- Member of The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
Accounting and Banking
Accounting and Business Law
Accounting and Finance
Accounting and Human Resource Management
Accounting and International Business
Accounting and Management
Accounting and Marketing
||Technology and Accounting Processes
||Contemporary Financial Accounting
||Accounting Theory and Accountability
||Company Law **
||Finance Law **
*Units common to both majors need to be taken only once.
**Students will take the unit Company Law instead of Finance Law for this Double Major.Students are required to complete the following common units:
||Understanding Business Research: An Introductory Approach
||Empirical Research Methods for Business or BBS301 Applying Mixed Methods Research to Business
||Creativity and Innovation
Polytechnic holders may opt for the single major Bachelor of Business in Accounting programme which consists of 12 units.
Students with Murdoch University-recognised Kaplan Diplomas, Private Diplomas or Polytechnic Diplomas will be given 12 exemptions and gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. They can complete the programme in 16 months instead of 28 months.
The Bachelor of Business in Accounting and Banking (Double Major) (Part-Time) accepts a wide range of qualifications with advanced standing:
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Advanced Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Private Diploma will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
Applicants admitted to the Bachelor of Business programme may be required to undertake bridging units to fulfil the required prerequisite knowledge. The final decision rests with Murdoch University.
Successful completion of a recognised approved Diploma qualification of higher, where the language of instruction was English.
Duration & Intake
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme. Students have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and attend classes once or twice a week depending on their study load. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme. Each unit is supported with 24 contact hours. The Dean from Murdoch University is based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Graduation & Degree
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the programme structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Business from Murdoch University. The Degree will be the same as that awarded to on-campus graduates in Australia.
There are 3 intakes per year:
Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.
Fees & Funding
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
Education LoanChoice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Programme fee:
- S$19,966.20 (Single Major*) payable in 4 instalments
- S$25,337.60 (Double Major) payable in 4 instalments
- Receive S$400 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our Degree programme. T&Cs apply.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Please click here
for more information on Maybank Education loan and here
for OCBC Frank Education loan. T&C apply, subject to bank’s approval.Non-Tuition Fees
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:For Singaporean/PR
- Application fee: S$181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 11 October 2018. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
*Refer to Kaplan website for terms and conditions.