The MIT-SUTD Dual Masters' Programme is offered in collaboration by the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the US. This programme supports outstanding individuals to maximise their potential in the fields of technology and design.
During this two-year full-time programme, students will spend up to one year in MIT in the US and the other year in SUTD in Singapore. Upon completion, each student will graduate with two Masters degrees: one from MIT and one from SUTD.
This programme seeks bright, talented, enthusiastic and passionate individuals who are committed to a high level of professional and academic development. We are also looking for candidates from diverse cultural and academic backgrounds and who have a broad range of personal and professional experiences.
During the first year of the MIT-SUTD Dual Masters' Programme, you will do coursework at MIT. In the second year, you will embark on research at SUTD. This truly ‘dual’ experience allows you to immediately apply your newly-acquired knowledge to solve real world problems.
After completing a second thesis by research, you will obtain a Master of Engineering (Research) focusing on one of three academic pillars at SUTD – Engineering Product Development, Engineering Systems and Design or Information Systems Technology and Design.
First-year coursework at MIT will be conducted through one of five programmes:
• Civil and Environmental Engineering in the Master of Engineering Program
• Master of Engineering in Manufacturing Program
• Supply Chain Management Program, leading to a Master of Engineering in Logistics
• System Design and Management Program, leading to a Master of Science in Engineering and Management
• Integrated Design & Management Program, leading to a Master of Science in Engineering and Management
Second-year research at SUTD is geared around one of the following academic pillars:
• Engineering Product Development (EPD) – focusing on innovative technology-intensive products that span multiple disciplines
• Engineering Systems and Design (ESD) – focusing on large-scale complex systems whose performance and function depend on their technology and socio-economic context
• Information Systems Technology and Design (ISTD) – focusing on information systems that interact with the physical world, humans and machines
Applicants should possess the following:
• At least a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science (or an equivalent degree)
• An appropriate GRE/GMAT score.
• Proficiency in English (IELTS is required if English is not your medium of instruction in your undergraduate studies)
• A Statement of Interest.
State your experience, research interest and passion for the topic of study. Students are encouraged to describe how they can use the coursework learning at MIT and apply the knowledge in their research at SUTD
Please check the websites of the individual MIT programs for their specific admissions requirements.
The MIT-SUTD Dual Masters' Programme offers full scholarships to outstanding candidates who have been offered admission to the programme. It covers the following:
• Full tuition fees and insurance at MIT and SUTD
• Monthly stipends at MIT and SUTD
• Air tickets between Boston, US and Singapore