The Pearson BTEC HNC Diploma in Business aims to enhance your career and employability in the areas of business and management by developing a critical awareness and appreciation of contemporary business issues.
The BTEC HNC Diploma is directly awarded by Pearson Education, UK, one of the leading examining and awarding bodies in the United Kingdom.
BTEC HNC qualifications are widely welcomed by the employers, recognised by many international professional bodies and having access to the UK and other universities to enter into the second year of an honours degree in Business Administration subject to the respective universities’ discretion.
Successful BTEC Higher National graduates:
- Have the ability to progress into suitable employment in the work place.
- Can gain accreditation and valuable continuing professional development when in employment.
- Are able to gain exemptions and progress onto Honours degree programmes in relevant subjects.
- Are able to apply for membership of professional bodies.
About Pearson Education (UK)
- Pearson Education is part of Pearson, the world’s leading learning company. They believe education is for everyone, and they provide the tools for people to learn: whatever their age, wherever they are, in whatever fashion they choose. Pearson qualifications and resources ensure that students develop their skills and knowledge to the full, and are equipped to contribute positively in their chosen learning pathways and careers all over the world.
- Pearson Education is the world’s leading learning company with a portfolio that provides innovative textbooks, assessment and testing, technology solutions and integrated services. Pearson qualification suite includes Edexcel academic, BTEC vocational and LCCI qualifications.
- Every day all over the world Pearson products and services help learning flourish and wherever learning flourishes, so do people.
- Candidate who is at least 18 years of age with GCE A-Level or other equivalent qualifications; OR
- Level 3 or equivalent qualifications; OR
- Mature students (at least 21 years of age with GCE N/O-Level or its equivalent qualifications with suitable industrial/commercial experience).
Course Outline & Programme Structure:
The Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Business is a qualification with a minimum of 120 credits which must contain a minimum of 90 credits at level 4. The modules, levels and credit values are given below:
||Managing Financial Resources and Decisions
||Organisations and Behaviour
||Aspects of Contract and Negligence
||Business Decision Making
||Managment Accounting: Costing & Budgeting
||Human Resource Management
1. Marketing Principles
- Understand the concept and process of marketing
- Use the concepts of segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Understand the individual elements of the extended marketing mix
- Use the marketing mix in different contexts
2. Managing Financial Resources and Decisions
- Understand the sources of finance available to a business
- Understand the implications of finance as a resource within a business
- Make financial decisions based on financial information
- Evaluate the financial performance of a business
3. Organisations and Behaviour
- Understand the relationship between organisational structure and culture
- Understand different approaches to management and leadership
- Understand ways of using motivational theories in organisations
- Understand mechanisms for developing effective teamwork in organisations
4. Business Environment
- Understand the organisational purposes of businesses
- Understand the nature of the national environment in which businesses operate
- Understand the behaviour of organisations in their market environment
- Assess the significance of the global factors that shape national business activities
5. Aspects of contract and negligence for business
- Understand the essential elements of a valid contract in a business context
- Apply the elements of a contract in business situations
- Understand principles of liability in negligence in business activities
- Apply the principles of liability in negligence in business situations
6. Business Decision Making
- Use a variety of sources for the collection of data, both primary and secondary
- Understand a range of techniques to analyse data effectively for business purposes
- Produce information in appropriate formats for decision making in an organisational context
- Use software-generated information to make decisions in an organization
7. Management Accounting: Costing and Budgeting
- Analyse cost information within a business
- Propose methods to reduce costs and enhance value within a business
- Prepare forecasts and budgets for a business
- Monitor performance against budgets within a business
8. Human Resource Management
- Understand the difference between personnel management and human resource management
- Understand how to recruit employees
- Understand how to reward employees in order to motivate and retain them
- Know the mechanisms for the cessation of employment
Method of Delivery
Day/evening classes taught by lecturers with academic and industry experience
Student must pass all the 8 modules to be awarded with the Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Business. Students must satisfy the minimum attendance requirements - 75% for Part-Time students and 90% for Full-time (both local and international) students - in all the modules for the award of Certificate of Attendance (COA).
Assessment & Grading System
BTEC LEVEL 4 HNC Diploma assessments are assignment-based. Assignment is a formal listing of tasks within a vocational context. The assessments will be at unit (module level). The overall grade for the Diploma is based on the learner's best performance in units at the level 4 or 5 to the value of 75 credits. Each Unit is graded as a Pass ('0' credit point), Merit ('1' credit point) or Distinction ('2' credit point).
Points scored = (credits achieved at pass grade) * 0 + (credits achieved at Merit grade) * 1+ (credits achieved at Distinction grade) * 2
Overall grade for the Higher National Diploma is awarded based on the table below:
|0 - 74
|75 - 149
Expected date of release of Assessment result
Assessment results will be available to the students within 3 months upon completion of the last assessment for that assessment cycle. Appeal (if any) on assessment results must be lodged within 7 days after the release of assessment results.
Fees & Funding
Please enquire below for course fees and financial grants: