The London Chamber of Commerce and Industry LCCI International Qualifications are awarded by Pearson Education Ltd. An accredited Awarding Body providing vocational and professional qualification around the world. Pearson is accredited by the UK qualifications regulator, the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual), and many regulatory bodies and Ministries of Education around the world recognise LCCI International Qualifications. Employers, universities and other professional bodies internationally recognise the LCCI international qualifications. LCCIs range of courses is designed to deliver the skills essential for success in todays demanding commercial environment. The Pearson-LCCI winning formula lies in its flexible programme with examination at various levels thus enabling candidates to enter at the most appropriate level for their existing skills. Pearson-LCCI also offer Diplomas and Group Awards to allow candidates to add to their marketable skills and receive professional status.
Course Learning Outcomes
The Level 3 Certificate in Business Principles and Practice develops candidates understanding of the advanced principles and practices of business relating to the business environment and how businesses are organised and managed operationally and financially. It also looks at how business performance can be measured and improved and introduces concepts of business strategy and planning. The qualification is suitable for people who want to develop their understanding of modern business management practices in order to improve their business career opportunities and/or academic progression. It is particularly suitable for people who currently hold middle management positions within any of the functional business areas or those aspiring to such positions. This qualification is accredited on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) in the UK as EDI Level 3 Certificate in Business Principles and Practice (VRQ) 600/4350/7.
Teaching / Learning Methods and Strategies
Trial of Past Year Examination Papers / Assignments / Classroom Face-To-Face Theoretical / Practical Explanations
- 1 GCE N Level OR
- 1 GCE O Level OR
- LCCI Level 2 Certificate in Book-Keeping OR
- NITEC/Higher NITEC
EXAMINABLE THEORY PAPER (EXTERNAL AWARD BY LONDON CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY INTERNATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, UK) - 4 TIMES / YEAR [MARCH & APRIL (Series 2/On-Demand) / JUNE (Series 3) / SEPTEMBER (On-Demand) / NOVEMBER & DECEMBER (Series 4)].
Criteria of Award
Candidates must fulfill at least 75% course attendance requirements by AEB to sit for examinations. To obtain the certificate, students need to obtain at least a Pass grade in their examinations.
London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) Level 3 Certificate in Business Principles and Practice
This qualification is suitable for people who want to develop their understanding of modern business management practices in order to improve their business career opportunities and/or academic progression. It is particularly suitable for people who currently hold middle management positions within any of the functional business areas or those aspiring to such positions. This qualification can be taken as a standalone qualification or as a part of a range of Diplomas. The aims of the qualification are to develop candidates knowledge and understanding of: the nature of economic activity and the internal and external environment and constraints in which businesses operate; national and multinational forms of businesses and their impact on the local economy; how businesses are functionally organised and managed in relation to corporate culture, image and identity; the different aspects of operational and financial management of a business; strategic planning and the frameworks, models and strategies that may be used in strategic analysis and implementation; business performance measurement and the frameworks and practices that may be used to improve performance.
The examination will assess the candidates ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- the nature of economic activity and how the internal and external environment and constraints influence business activities
- the features of national and multinational forms of businesses and their disadvantages and benefits to the local economy
- the different types of formal organisational structures and the role of leadership and otivation as functions of management
- the concept and importance of corporate culture, image and identity and how businesses may influence and develop these
- the different methods of production and quality control and how technology and the scale of operations impact on business efficiency and effectiveness
- the need for different sources of finance and the types of financial records that will be kept by a business
- strategy, strategic planning and the use of techniques and frameworks such as PEST, SWOT, Porters Five Forces Analysis, Boston Consulting Group Matrix and Ansoff Matrix in strategic analysis and decision-making
- the importance of measuring business performance and how KPIs and target-setting contribute to the process
- the use of financial and non-financial performance measures, and frameworks and systems such as the Balanced Scorecard, TQM and MIS in improving business performance
|50% - 59%
|60% - 74%
||PASS WITH MERIT
|75% and above
||PASS WITH DISTINCTION
Expected date of release of Assessment result
Assessment results will be available to the students within 3 months upon completion of the last assessment for that assessment cycle. Appeal (if any) on assessment results must be lodged within 7 days after the release of assessment results.
Fees & Funding
Please enquire below for course fees and financial grants: