Computers are an integral tool in every business operation. As a computer scientist, you will help develop effective technological solutions that will improve the application of this technology, effecting a positive impact on our lives.
In this Degree programme, you will explore the theory, methods and systems used by the computing industry. Learning about algorithms, software design and implementation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and computer systems and development will give you the unique ability to create and apply computer and software systems to solve real-world problems.
By developing these skills and knowledge to design and implement revolutionary ideas, you can advance our society through advanced technology.
In the final year of your programme, you will take part in an IT Professional Practice Project unit which includes working in a team with other students, and consulting with real clients in order to recommend, develop and implement new technologies to solve business problems.
Graduating with a Major in Computer Science, you will possess the required skills for a diverse range of career opportunities across technology and business sectors.
Students have the option to enrol in either single or double majors.
Advanced Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
Building Enterprise Skills
Consulting and Freelancing
Data Structures and Abstractions
Information Technology Project Management
Introduction to ICT Research Methods
IT Professional Practice Project
Operating Systems and Systems Programming
Students are required to complete the following common units:
- Career Learning: Managing Your Career — exempted for 3-year Polytechnic Diploma holders; subject to University’s approval
- Building Enterprise Skills OR Consulting and Freelancing
Applicants may be required to complete general elective units to fulfil the required credit points.Year 1 Unit Outline
— exempted for private Diploma and Polytechnic Diploma holders subject to the University’s approval
The Year 1 unit outline can be found in the Murdoch University handbook: http://handbook.murdoch.edu.au/
Applicants with a Polytechnic Diploma may be exempted from up to 12 units and can gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. Applicants with a Murdoch University-recognised Kaplan Diploma or a private Diploma may be exempted from up to 8 units and can also gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. The programme can be completed in 16 months instead of 28 months and applicants have the option to enrol for either Single or Double Majors.
The Bachelor’s Degree programme accepts a wide range of qualifications with advanced standing.
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Private Diploma, Advanced Diploma, ACCA or other equivalent qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants admitted to the Bachelor’s Degree programme may be required to undertake bridging units to fulfil the prerequisite knowledge. In all cases, the final decision on admission to the programme rests with the University.English Requirement
- Successful completion of a recognised approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English, can be considered.
- International students are required to meet the University’s English language requirement. Click here for more information.
Duration & Intake
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme, and they have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and attend classes once or twice a week depending on their study load. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme. Each unit is supported with 24 contact hours.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor of Transnational Education and the Deputy Dean of Murdoch University are based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Fees & Funding
The total fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
Education LoanChoice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Programme Fee:
- S$20,287.20 (12 units, Single Major) payable in 4 instalments
- Receive S$400 referral fee when you recommend your friend to enrol in the Degree programme. T&Cs apply.
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Please click here for more information on Maybank Education loan and here for OCBC Frank Education loan. T&C apply, subject to bank’s approval.Non-Tuition Fees
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:For Singaporean/PR
- Application Fee: S$192.60
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 10 October 2020. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.