A modular programme for middle managers with functional responsibilities in Procurement and Supply Chain. On successful completion of all the examinations students are awarded Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply by Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, UK.
On completion of level 4 students can go on to level 5 and level 6 qualifications of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, UK.
Course Fees before grant: S$2500/-
Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents are eligible for WDA funding.
New Members Fee*: GBP 142 ( Payable to CIPS, UK). Valid for one year.
Renewal Fee: GBP 97.
Examinations Fee*: GBP 90 per subject ( Payable to CIPS, UK).
Duration: 75 Hours (Approximately 6 months)
* Note: The membership fee and examination fee is charged by CIPS, UK and may be changed by them at their discretion.
75 Hours (Approximately 6 months)
- Singapore Citizen, Permanent Resident or Holding a valid work permit/Employment pass
- 21 Years of age
- Certificate in Purchasing and Supply or A Level
- 1 year working experience
22nd April to 30th September 2014
On completion of this unit, candidates will be able to:
A) Offer advice and guidance to main stakeholders on the application of the sourcing process
B) Understand supply chains which organisations operate in.
This is the point at which you will enter the CIPS qualifications ladder. This entry will be based on pre-requisite knowledge, understanding and experience.
Contexts of procurement and supply
- Understand the added value that can be achieved through procurement and supply chain management
- Understand the stages of sourcing processes in creating added value outcomes that can be achieved with suppliers
- Understand the main aspects of organisational infrastructure that shape the scope of a procurement or supply chain function
- Understand the need for compliance with requirements when undertaking procurement activities in different sectors
Business needs in procurement and supply
- Understand how to devise a business case for requirements to be sourced from external suppliers
- Understand the fundamentals of specifications and key performance indicators that are included in contractual arrangements made with suppliers
- Understand the main clauses that are included in formal contracts
- Understand the main implications of outsourced work or outsourced services forprocurement
Sourcing in procurement and supply
- Understand the main options for sourcing of requirements from suppliers
- Be able to develop a plan for sourcing goods or services from external suppliers
- Be able to assess the financial stability of potential suppliers
- Understand the main processes that can be applied to the sourcing of requirements from external suppliers
- Understand compliance issues when sourcing from suppliers
Negotiating and contracting in procurement and supply
- Understand the legal issues that relate to the formation of contracts
- Understand the main approaches in the negotiation of commercial agreements with external organisations
- Understand how to prepare for negotiations with external organisations
- Understand how commercial negotiations should be undertaken
Managing contracts and relationships in procurement and supply
- Understand the dynamics of relationships in supply chains
- Understand the legal aspects relating to the performance of contracts
- Understand the main approaches to achieve the management of contracts
- Understand the main techniques for the management of contracts and suppliers
Fees & Funding
Please enquire below for course fees and financial grants: