Our Certificate in English Proficiency offers an English language curriculum to students who need help improve their English. Students undergo an intensive academic English curriculum that helps them to have a solid English foundation and attain the required standard to move on to their tertiary programs.
In addition, field trips and cultural activities are also an integral part in students’ learning experience in KLC International Institute.
Certificate in English Proficiency Level 2 is a 2-month curriculum on Intermediate English that will cover the following:
- Gain partial accuracy in pronunciation
- Engage in a variety of uncomplicated basic and communicative tasks and social situations
- Participate in simple conversations beyond the most immediate needs
- Listen and identify important details and concepts in stories, conversations and information
- Listen to stories, conversation and informationDemonstrate understanding of common idiomatic expressions by responding to sssuch expressions and using them appropriately
- Read with increased understanding simple connected text dealing with basic personal and social needs
- Narrate information and expository texts with correct pacing, intonation and expressionRecognize simple idioms, analogies and figures of speech in written text
- Write short paragraphs that develop a central idea
- Express multiple time frames: present, past, future and progressive tensesPen content that deals with personal preferences, daily routines, everyday events and situations
The students will obtain a deeper understanding of the English language after completion of this level. There is also a variety of academic topics covered in this level.
With a multi-layered approach which incorporates the major macro-skills in English, students will be able to increase their English language knowledge and develop skills that are helpful and practical, as well.
Mode of Delivery
Award of Certificate
- Small group learning
- Wide variety of English materials used throughout the course of the study
- Use of interesting presentations and interactive activities in teaching
- Students’ critical involvement in presentations, exercises and pair and group work.
- Interactive technology and resources to support learning
- Taught by qualified and experienced EFL teachers
Students who have successfully completed all coursework, examinations and a minimum of 80% attendance will be given a:
- Certificate in English Proficiency Level 2 certification, awarded by KLC International Institute
Average Teacher-Student Ratio
The average class size is about 20-25 students, depending on the mode of delivery, so as to maximize the opportunities of students from different cultural backgrounds to interact with each other.
Students will be given a placement test and administered by KLC International Institute or Approved Agencies.
- At least 17 years old; AND
- Completion of at least 10 years of formal education or high school graduate; OR
- KLC International Institute Certificate in English Proficiency Level 1 or its equivalent; OR
- Other qualifications from professional institutes may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Fees & Funding
Please enquire below for course fees and financial grants: