Accredited by Singapore Workforce Development Agency, Workforce Skills Qualification
Total Course Fee (95% funded): SGD$ 84.00 (net)
WDA Funding up to 95%
Fees exclude prevailing 7% GST and are subject to change
Duration: 30 - 40 hours per unit
The WSQ Special Education Units aim to provide individuals or those who wish to enter the Community and Social Services environment with skills and knowledge necessary to effectively support children or students with special needs in the early childhood education and/or student care and disability service industry.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Equip educators with the necessary skills to work with children / students with special needs
- Support learning for children / students with special needs
- Establish programme plans and services capable of meeting complex needs of children / students with special needs
- Assist with the development and implementation of communication programmes to meet the needs of children / students with special needs
Minimum GCE 'N' Level credits including English Language
- Combination of summative & formative methods
- Comprises different modes of assessment strategies (e.g. observations, interviews, product demonstration and written work)
- Adopts ‘Team Assessment’ method – ensuring valid and authentic outcomes
The course comprises of four individual units with duration ranging from 30 to 40 hours per unit for part-time study.
Requirement for Graduation
To qualify for certification of the programme and/or progression to the next level of the programme, students must pass all prescribed modules and practicum (where applicable).
o Students will be notified on the collection of transcripts within 3 months from the last assessment.
o The certificates will be presented to the student upon graduation annually.
Students who successfully complete each unit will be awarded the Statement of Attainment (SOA) by Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA). Four Statement of Attainments (SOA) will be awarded upon completion of the programme.
|Module 1: Supporting Children/Students with Special Needs
||Module 2: Assist with Programming and Learning Needs for Children with Special Needs
- Work with children / students with special needs
- Support the care needs of children / students with special needs
- Work with families of children / students with special needs
- Support learning for children with special needs
- Assist with programming for children with special needs
- Assist with the selection of equipment and resources for programmes to support the needs of individual children
- Interact with children with special needs
|Module 3: Plan, Implement and Evaluate Programmes for Children with Special Needs
||Module 4: Supporting Special Needs Children/Young People with Communication Difficulties
- Establish programme plans and services capable of meeting complex needs of children
- Implement learning experiences for children with special needs
- Evaluate programmes and services for children with special needs
- Develop programmes to support and guide families
- Assist with the development and implementation of communication programmes to meet the needs of the child/young person
- Assist with individual lesson planning of required communication resources
Government funding schemes are available for all Singaporeans and permanent residences. Please approach our friendly Recruitment Officers for assistance.
What Our Student Says
"The WSQ programme taught me how to identify children with special learning needs, even young toddlers. Now, I'm better equipped with the knowledge and skills to work with them. I highly recommend this programme."
Joanna Koh (Class of 2011)
Fees & Funding
Please enquire below for course fees and financial grants: