The Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Hospitality Management (QCF) course is designed to provide students with an understanding of the complexity of the tourism and hospitality industry, multidisciplinary skills and the ability to successfully manage a resort complex. Sufficient knowledge and techniques will also be imparted to students in order to enable them to assist decision makers in hospitality industry.
These knowledge, understanding and skills may not only be implemented in students’ future profession but also for their progression to an undergraduate degree. Such qualification may be accepted by overseas universities with advanced credit standing when applying for degree courses.
This course is suitable for:
Aspiring hospitality students
Students who desire to pursue a Bachelor degree later on
Working adults with similar work experience who are looking for an upgrade
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded the Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Hospitality Management (QCF) by Pearson Education, UK.
DIMENSIONS International College is a BTEC Approved Centre for the above program.
This course consists of 16 modules:
• Module 1: The Contemporary Hospitality Industry
• Module 2: Finance In The Hospitality Industry
• Module 3: Customer Service
• Module 4: Research Project
• Module 5: Food And Beverage Operations Management
• Module 6: Rooms Division Operations Management
• Module 7: The Developing Manager
• Module 8: Hospitality Operations Management
• Module 9: Small Business Enterprise
• Module 10: Hospitality Contract And Event Management
• Module 11: Marketing In Hospitality
• Module 12: Quality Management In Business
• Module 13: Facilities Operations And Management
• Module 14: External Business Environment
• Module 15: Human Resource Management For Service Industries
• Module 16: Work-Based Experience
Note: Students participating in industrial attachment (IA) will gain valuable experience in completing the report required for this module.
COURSE MODES AND DURATION
Full Time: The course duration is 14 months Institutional Training and 6 months Industrial Attachment – Optional (Total : 20 months), 3 contact hours per session, 5 sessions per week (Total: 15 contact hours per week)
For more details, please refer to our website: http://www.dimensions.edu.sg
Age: At least 17 years old.
Academic Level: GCE N-Level or GCE O-Level or GCE A-Level or equivalent.
English Proficiency: At least IELTS 5.5 or CAE Level 4 or have completed Intensive English at equivalent level.
Fees & Funding
|Funding / Grants