The Level 2 Diploma in Food Preparation and Cooking (Culinary Arts) – IVQ awarded by City & Guilds (UK) is a vocational qualification for people who want to work in the Hotel and Restaurant Industry. This programme aims to reflect the international nature of the knowledge and skills and activities needed for different countries or cultures.
This diploma provides more practice involving a broader range of skills appropriate to a person operating as a front line worker with some supervisory responsibilities in a kitchen environment of a typical service outlet.
Therefore, the course is suitably designed for:
• Assistant Chefs
• Aspired hospitality students interested to become chefs
• Working adults who are looking for upgrade
DIMENSIONS International College is an Approved Centre of the City & Guilds, UK for the above program.
This course consists of 12 modules:
• Module 1: Prepare Food for Cold Presentation
• Module 2: Safety At Work
• Module 3: Food Safety in Catering
• Module 4: Healthier Food and Special Diets
• Module 5: Prepare, Cook and Finish Stocks, Soups and Sauces
• Module 6: Prepare, Cook and Finish Fish and Shellfish Dishes
• Module 7: Prepare, Cook and Finish Meat, Poultry and Offal
• Module 8: Prepare, Cook and Finish Vegetables, Fruit and Pulses
• Module 9: Prepare, Cook and Finish Rice, Grain, Farinaceous Products and Egg Dishes
• Module 10: Prepare, Cook and Finish Bakery Products
• Module 11: Prepare, Cook and Finish Hot and Cold Desserts and Puddings
• Module 12: Catering Operations, Costs and Menu Planning
COURSE MODES AND DURATION
Full Time: 9 months Institutional Training, 3 contact hours per session, 5 sessions per week (Total: 15 contact hours per week)
For more details, please refer to our website: http://www.dimensions.edu.sg
Age : At least 16 years old.
Academic Level: GCE N-Level or GCE O-Level or its equivalent.
English Proficiency: At least IELTS 4.5 or CAE Level 3 or have completed Intensive English at equivalent level. (For students from India and the Philippines, pass the English subject at the 9th year of formal education)
Fees & Funding
Please enquire below for course fees and financial grants: