The Diploma in Business Practice (Logistics Management) will replace the Diploma in Technology (Logistics). The course can be completed in 2.5 years on a part-time basis.
Under a revised Framework, the new diploma aims to provide greater accessibility for working adults through:
- Reduced course duration
- Modular qualification structure
- Increased mobility between academic and competency-based systems
- Learning platforms that are adult-learner centric
The diploma aims to equip participants with the skill and knowledge needed in the logistics industry. The learning outcomes for each of the 5 Modular Certificates cover the functional areas which are the performance requirements in the logistics environment.
The knowledge gained from the various Certificates will enable the students to be a better worker and the continuous learning pathway of this diploma also provides the foundation for further education and training.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Working adults who wish to upgrade themselves, so as to provide more value-addedness to their jobs, hence to raise the productivity of Singapore's workforce.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants with the following qualifications are invited to apply for the course.
a. 3 GCE ‘O’ levels in English (Grades 1-7), Mathematics (Grades 1-6) and one other subject (Grades 1-6) with 3 years of relevant working experience.
b. NTC 2 (COM) or NITEC (GPA 3.5 and above) with 2 years of working experience.
c. ITC or Higher NITEC with 1 year of working experience.
d. Relevant WSQ qualifications (by sector, programme and/ or level), with at least 3 years of relevant working experience. WPLN (Level ≥ 6) may be accepted as equivalent English Language and Mathematics requirements.
Applicants who have taken the relevant qualifications and do not meet the pre-requisite subject grades but are assessed by Ngee Ann Polytechnic as potentially suitable candidates may, at the discretion of the Polytechnic, be considered for entrance tests.
This new CET Diploma comprises five 180-hour Modular Certificates (MCs), with the completion of each resulting in an award of a Certificate. Each Certificate, comprising two to four modules, would focus on a specific area of expertise that will enable the participant to acquire knowledge and the ability to perform a job function better.
The 5 Modular Certificates are:
1) Certificate in Logistics Operations (Oct 2011)
- Fundamentals of Operations and Logistics
- Warehousing and Material Handling
- Inventory Planning and Control
2) Certificate in Logistics Material Management (Apr 2012)
- Material Planning and Control
- Purchasing and Supplier Management
- Supply Chain Management
3) Certificate in Logistics Services (Oct 2012)
- Chemical Logistics Services
- Global Logistics Services
- Distribution and Transport Services
4) Certificate in Information and Data Analysis (Apr 2013)
- Enterprise Information System
- Quantitative Logistics Analysis
- Decision Support with Spreadsheet
5) Certificate in Logistics Process Innovation (Oct 2013)
- Business Process Engineering
- Productivity and Performance
- Quality Management for Logistics
Note: The above modules may subject to changes.
Upon completion of five Certificates within a five-year validity period, the participant will be conferred a Diploma qualification from Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
CET Qualification Award (CQA): All subsidised part-time Singaporean students who graduate from their first full diploma qualification from 1 March 2011 will receive a CQA of S$1,000 upon graduation, as long as it is a higher qualification than other full qualifications that the students had attained previously.
The relevant documents to be submitted to CET Academy include:
1. Photocopies of academic certificates with detailed transcripts for English, Mathematics and one other subject / ES WSQ WPLN qualifications. For notary certified true copies for certificates not in English, a notarial translation is available at respective embassies or the Supreme Court (tel: 63360644). Notarial translation is not required for Malaysian SPM and STPM qualifications.
2. Original company letter stating designation, job description and years of service.
3. Photocopies (both sides) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, and Employment Pass, "S" Pass or Work Permit for foreign applicants. Work Permit must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of commencement of the course, otherwise an original company letter stating that employer will extend the work permit is required.
Fees & Funding
Please enquire below for course fees and financial grants: