The Diploma in Engineering (Building Services & Fire Safety) will replace the Diploma in Technology (Building Services & Fire Safety). The course can be completed in 2.5 years on a part-time basis.
Note: This proposed course is pending approval, and subject to further changes. More details will be released in early 2012.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Under a revised Framework, the new diploma aims to provide greater accessibility for working adults through:
- Reduced course duration
- Modular qualification structure
- Increased mobility between academic and competency-based systems
- Learning platforms that are adult-learner centric
Working adults who wish to upgrade themselves, so as to provide more value-addedness to their jobs, hence to raise the productivity of Singapore's workforce.
This new CET Diploma comprises of five 180-hour Modular Certificates (MCs), with the completion of each resulting in an award of a Certificate. Each Certificate comprises two to four modules, and focuses on a specific area of expertise that will enable the participant to acquire knowledge and the ability to perform a job function better.
The 5 Module Certificates are:
Certificate in Building Design & Management (April 2012)
- Building CAD
- Project Management
- Architectural & Building Construction
Certificate in Building Services (Electrical) - (April 2013)
Certificate in Building Services (Mechanical) - (October 2012)
- Basic Air-Conditioning
- Air-Conditioning & Mechanical Ventilation Systems
- Water, Sanitary & Gas Services
- Principles of Electrical Engineering
- Building Electrical Systems & Design
- Intelligent Building Systems
Certificate in Fire Safety (October 2013)
- Fire Operation & Investigation
- Fire Safety Legislation & Regulations
- Fire Safety Management
Certificate in Protection Systems (April 2014)
- Fire Science
- Fire Engineering
- Performance Based Design
Upon completion of five Certificates within a five-year validity period, the participant will be conferred a Diploma qualification from Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
CET Qualification Award (CQA): All subsidised part-time Singaporean students who graduate from their first full diploma qualification from 1 March 2011 will receive a CQA of S$1,000 upon graduation, as long as it is a higher qualification than other full qualifications that the students had attained previously.
The relevant documents to be submitted to CET Academy include:
1. Photocopies of academic certificates with detail transcripts for English, Mathematics and Science / ES WSQ WPLN qualifications. For notary certified true copies for certificates not in English, a notarial translation is available at respective embassies or the Supreme Court (tel: 63360644). Notarial translation is not required for Malaysian SPM and STPM qualifications.
2. Original company letter stating designation, job description and years of service.
3. Photocopies (both sides) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, and Employment Pass, "S" Pass or Work Permit for foreign applicants. Work Permit must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of commencement of the course, otherwise an original company letter stating that employer will extend the work permit is required.
4. Application Checklist (to be downloaded and completed for submission - compulsory)
Fees & Funding
Please enquire below for course fees and financial grants: