About the Programme
Companies are increasingly using large datasets that have been generated by business activities and social media to uncover trends and insights that can be used to tailor products and services, anticipate demand, improve performance or contribute to solving complex social, health and science-related problems. This programme is taught with a computational focus that combines information technology with mathematics and statistics. You will equip yourself with the analytical skills needed to work with big data and benefit from an emphasis on data resources management, business and data analytics and local area network design.
The programme is a professional qualification and is designed for information technology graduates and people working in information technology-related fields, where knowledge and skills in big data are needed.
The programme can be completed in a minimum of 24 months.
- Information Technology Project Management
- IT Professional Practice
- Information Technology Research Methods
- Business Analytics
- Data Resources Management
- Data Analytics
- Foundations of Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
(Select 2 to 3 units depending on the number of credit points)
- Applied Information Security Management
- Business Analysis and Systems Development Approaches
- Human Factors in Information Technology
- IT Group Project
- Information Technology Strategy
- Knowledge Management
- Quantitative Research for Business
The elective will be determined by Murdoch University, depending on the applicant’s academic background.
The units offered may vary depending on the applicant’s academic backgrounds.
Area of Studies
- Recognised Australian Computer Society (ACS) accredited Bachelor’s Degree in IT (AQF Level 7); OR
- Recognised Bachelors’ Degree (AQF Level 7) and an approved qualification in IT (AQF Level 8); OR
- Recognised Honours Degree (AQF Level 8) and 5 or more years of relevant experience; OR
- Recognition of relevant and current informal or non-formal learning may be used for entry requirements and should be discussed with the Academic Chair.
In all cases, the final decision on admission to the programme rests with the University.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS 6.0 (with no bands below 6.0); OR
- Applicants are required to meet Murdoch University’s English language requirement.
Duration & Intake
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme, and they have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and attend classes once or twice a week depending on their study load. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme. Each unit is supported with 36 contact hours except for 1 unit with 54 contact hours.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor of Transnational Education & Deputy Dean of Murdoch University are based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, projects or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
There are 3 intakes per year:
Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.
Minimum class size: 20 students
Class may commence with fewer students than indicated above, subject to resource availability. In the event of cancellation, you will be notified at least 1 week before the programme commencement date, stated in your student contract with Kaplan, and our consultants will contact you to advise on a backup plan.
Maximum allowed candidature period:
If a student fails to complete the programme within the candidature period, they will not be entitled to any recourse or refund.
- 12 credit points: 2 years
- 24 credit points: 4 years
- 36 credit points: 5 years
- 48 credit points: 6 years
- 72 credit points: 10 years
- 96 credit points: 12 years
- 120 credit points: 12 years
Fees & Funding
The total tuition fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
||Fee inclusive of 8% GST(applicable on or after 1 January 2023)
payable in 4 instalments
(Nett programme fee listed above = Tuition fee of S$30,002.40 minus Education Grant of S$2,1601)
Receive a S$400 referral fee when you recommend a friend to enrol in our Degree programme1
The Education Grant and amount specified is exclusive to selected programmes and not transferable to other programmes or another intake of the same programme. Terms and conditions apply.
||Fee inclusive of 8% GST(applicable on or after 1 January 2023)
|Non-Refundable Application Fee
|Student Development Fee
Payment for this fee will be included in the first instalment.
The Student Development Fee covers the provision of a comprehensive range of initiatives aimed at enhancing the career and industry-readiness of Kaplan students, such as programmes aimed at improving interpersonal skills, technical and digital skills, as well as career advisory and job matching services. More details can be found here
All fees indicated are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST) at the prevailing rate. The prevailing GST rate from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023 is 8%. From 1 January 2024, the GST rate will increase to 9%. For more information on the GST revision, please refer to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) website. Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
Fees remain subject to change. Applicant will be charged the prevailing fees and GST at the time of application. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Murdoch University Education Grant
This Education Grant aims to provide financial assistance to Murdoch University students pursuing selected Degree programmes. For more information, please click here or contact our programme consultant.
Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years.
Terms and conditions apply, subject to bank’s approval.