About the Programme
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Autonomous Systems professionals build AI software for smart systems used in driverless cars, smart robots, intelligent chatbots, and intelligent diagnostic systems.
This programme is designed to provide you with an in-depth understanding of the theory, methods, systems, software design and development used in Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems that can be used in different industries and organisations.
You will be equipped with knowledge and hands-on experience with up-to-date technologies that prepare you for the workforce. The number of jobs emerging in Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems is increasing yearly, driven by the need for productivity improvements and efficiencies in many industries across the globe.
The growth potential and limitless possibilities for innovation make it an exciting time to be studying Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems, with students having the option of enrolling in either Single or Double Majors.
The programme can be completed in 16 months instead of 28 months. Applicants with a Polytechnic Diploma may be exempted from up to 12 units and can gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. Applicants with a Murdoch University-recognised Kaplan Diploma or a private Diploma may be exempted from up to 8 units and can also gain entry to Year 2 of the programme.
Graduation & Degree Awarded
Students who successfully complete and pass the units stipulated in the programme structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Information Technology in Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems and Cyber Security and Forensics from Murdoch University, Australia.
The Degree will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates in Australia.
Double Majors Available
- AI Engineer
- AI Specialist
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Smart Systems Developer
Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems and Business Information Systems
- Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems and Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems and Games Software Design and Production
- Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems and Mobile and Web Application Development
Area of Studies
Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems
Cyber Security and Forensics
- AI System Design
- Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Agents
- Data Visualisation and Simulation
- Information Technology Project Management
- Introduction to ICT Research Methods
- IT Professional Practice Project
- Machine Learning
- Principles of Computer Science
- Systems Analysis and Design
Students are required to complete the following common units:
- Computer Security
- Cyber Forensics and Information Technology
- Information Security Policy and Governance
- Information Technology Project Management*
- Introduction to ICT Research Methods*
- IT Professional Practice Project*
- Security Architectures and Systems Administration
- Systems Analysis and Design*
- Building Employability Skills OR Consulting and Freelancing
- Career Learning: Managing Your Career^
Applicants may be required to complete general elective units to fulfil the required credit points.
*Units common to both majors need only be taken once.
^3-Year Polytechnic Diploma holders are exempted, subject to University’s approval.
Private Diploma and Polytechnic Diploma holders are exempted, subject to University’s approval.
Applicants with a Polytechnic Diploma may be exempted from up to 12 units and can gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. Applicants with a Murdoch University-recognised Kaplan Diploma or a private Diploma may be exempted from up to 8 units and can also gain entry to Year 2 of the programme.
The Bachelor’s Degree programme accepts a wide range of qualifications with advanced standing.
Year 2 Entry
Year 1 Entry
- Kaplan Diploma; OR
- Polytechnic Diploma; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications awarded by other Singapore-registered Private Education Institutions.
Applicants admitted to the Bachelor’s Degree programme may be required to undertake bridging units to fulfil the prerequisite knowledge.
English Language Requirement
Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement:
- An approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English, OR
- GCE O-Level English Language or Literature in English with Grade C or better; OR
- IELTS 6.0 (with no band below 6.0)*; OR
- Kaplan Diploma in Professional Business English (PBEP) with a score of 75% (Distinction) or higher*; OR
- Any other equivalent English language qualification.
In all cases, the final decision on admission to the programme rests with the university.
*Applicable for international student
Duration & Intake
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme, and they have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and attend classes once or twice a week depending on their study load. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor of Transnational Education & Dean, and Deputy Dean of Murdoch University, are based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.
Assessment & Exams
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, projects or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
There are 3 intakes per year:
Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.
Minimum class size: 20 students
Class may commence with fewer students than indicated above, subject to resource availability. In the event of cancellation, you will be notified at least 1 week before the programme commencement date, stated in your student contract with Kaplan, and our consultants will contact you to advise on a backup plan.
Maximum allowed candidature period:
If a student fails to complete the programme within the candidature period, they will not be entitled to any recourse or refund.
- 12 credit points: 2 years
- 24 credit points: 4 years
- 36 credit points: 5 years
- 48 credit points: 6 years
- 72 credit points: 10 years
- 96 credit points: 12 years
- 120 credit points: 12 years
Fees & Funding
The total tuition fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
||Fee inclusive of 8% GST(applicable on or after 1 January 2023)
(15 units with exemptions)
payable in 4 instalments
(Nett programme fee listed above = Tuition fee of S$26,892 minus Education Grant of S$1,0801)S$27,604.80 (16 units)
payable in 4 instalments
(Nett programme fee listed above = Tuition fee of S$28,684.80 minus Education Grant of S$1,0801)
Receive a S$400 referral fee when you recommend a friend to enrol in our Degree programme.
The Education Grant and amount specified is exclusive to selected programmes and not transferable to other programmes or another intake of the same programme. Terms and conditions apply.
||Fee inclusive of 8% GST(applicable on or after 1 January 2023)
|Non-Refundable Application Fee
|Student Development Fee
Payment for this fee will be included in the first instalment.
The Student Development Fee covers the provision of a comprehensive range of initiatives aimed at enhancing the career and industry-readiness of Kaplan students, such as programmes aimed at improving interpersonal skills, technical and digital skills, as well as career advisory and job matching services. More details can be found here
All fees indicated are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST) at the prevailing rate. The prevailing GST rate from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023 is 8%. From 1 January 2024, the GST rate will increase to 9%. For more information on the GST revision, please refer to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) website. Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
Fees remain subject to change. Applicant will be charged the prevailing fees and GST at the time of application. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Murdoch University Education Grant
This Education Grant aims to provide financial assistance to Murdoch University students pursuing selected Degree programmes. For more information, please click here or contact our programme consultant.
Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years.
Terms and conditions apply, subject to bank’s approval.