The Higher Diploma in Data Science and Analytics has been developed by the London School of Business and Finance, School of Technology to provide a qualification for students who are seeking to work in the data science, business analytics industry, or in occupations where big data management will be of utility.
Throughout the course, students are fully supported, and their development is checked frequently by progress assessments. Student performance and satisfaction are monitored to ensure that the course meets students’ academic and personal development needs, and industry contacts ensure that the programme is relevant and suitable for the demands of a career in the industry.
- Statistical Analysis
- Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Cloud Computing
- Internet of Things
- App Development
- Project Management
- Data Visualisation
- Database Management Systems
- Python Data Science Essentials
- Cloud Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Deep Learning with R Programming
- Hadoop Big Data Analytics
- Web Analytics
- Data Science Visualisation
- Practicum/Research Project
Minimum Age: 18
Minimum Academic Entry Requirement
Local students shall possess one of the following:
- Two passes in GCE ‘A’ Level Examinations
- International Baccalaureate (24 points)
- Local Polytechnic Diploma in any field
International Students shall possess one of the following:
- Completion of Year 12 High School Qualification or equivalent qualification from respective home countries
- Completed International Baccalaureate (24 points)
- Equivalent Local Polytechnic Diploma in any field in respective home countries
Minimum English Language Entry Requirement
Both local and international students MUST fulfill the minimum English language entry requirement of one of the following (except Mandarin programmes):
- Achieved grade C6 or better in the English language in GCE O level.
- Passed in the English Language in Year 10 High School qualification or equivalent.
- IELTS 5.5/TOEFL 550.
- Completed LSBF Preparatory Course in English Upper Intermediate Level.
Students with non-standard entry requirements will be assessed on a case-by-case basis subject to the approval of the Academic Board.
16 months (full-time), 24 months (part-time)