Computer science underpins almost all the science and technology we rely on in the modern world, responsible for some of the most powerful problem-solving strategies known to mankind - the Internet, smart devices, artificial intelligence, robots and much, much more.
With a focus on practical applications in industry, commerce, research and everyday life, students will study a combination of theory and practice in traditional areas of computer science, including programming and algorithms, computer architecture, networking, system design and implementation.
The course also examines some of the new and exciting areas of development in this ever-changing field, such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, data science techniques, mobile app development and cryptography in software security.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Controls Engineer
- Network Engineer
- Technology Analyst
- Software Engineer
- I.T. Engineer
- Writing 3
- Data and Information Retrieval
- Effective Communication Skills II
- Individual Project
- Operating Systems, Security and Networks
- Programming, Algorithms and Data Structures
- Agile Development
- Real World Project
- Software Engineering
- Software Quality and Process Management
- Technology and its Social, Legal and Ethical Context
- Android Applications Development
- Open Source Development
Delivery of modules may not follow the above sequence and are subject to change.
English Language Requirements
- Local polytechnic diploma in relevant fields; OR
- Diploma in Infocomm Technology from PSB Academy; OR
- Other diploma-level qualifications or equivalent will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
- Applicants should either possess a diploma from a recognised institution where English is the sole medium of instruction; OR
- IELTS score of 6.0
Duration & Intake
16 - 32 months
[Part-time option available]
Fees & Funding
Total Course Fees
Singapore-based Students / International Students
Application Fee: S$128.40
Student Development Fee: S$321.00
Application Fee: S$450.00
Students Induction and Development Fee: S$1,070.00
All fees are inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually.
Course fees exclude cost of textbooks and other study materials.