Big business, social media, finance and the public sector rely on Data Scientists to analyse data and draw out valuable insights that will benefit the business. With this BSc (Hons) Data Science and Analytics (Top-up) Degree programme, you will acquire technical and analytical skills to make sense of the vast data available to organisations, while working within the regulatory and technical boundaries of the field.
This Degree programme may be completed in a minimum of 18 months on a full-time basis.
- Applied Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Big Data
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Database Principles
- Software Engineering Theory and Practice
- Ethical Hacking
- Individual Project (Engineering)
- Business Analytics
- Open Innovations in Data Science
- Malware Forensics
- Internet of Things
Minimum Entry Requirements:
This Degree programme accepts a wide range of qualifications. These include:
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Other Private Diploma or foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
Applicants admitted to the programme may be required to undertake bridging modules to fulfil the required prerequisite knowledge.
In all cases, the final decision on admission to the programme rests with the University.English Requirements:
Students are required to meet the University’s English language requirement. For more information, please click: https://www.port.ac.uk/study/international-students/your-country/singapore
Duration & Intake
This programme consists of 11 modules and may completed in a minimum of 18 months. Classes are conducted during daytime on weekdays.
The actual cycle may vary depending on the nature of the programme and the lecturers’ availability. The University and Kaplan reserve the rights to alter the learning cycle, days and timing of the seminar, if necessary.
Each module is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, projects and examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Fees & Funding
The total fee covers University registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
Education LoanChoice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs:
- Programme Fee:
- Receive S$400 referral fee when you recommend a friend to enrol in our Degree programme. T&Cs apply.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Please click here for more information on Maybank Education loan and here for OCBC Frank Education loan. T&Cs apply, subject to bank’s approval.Non-Tuition FeesNon-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application Fee: S$192.60
- Student Development Fee: S$278.20
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated, and are accurate as of 28 January 2021. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.