About the Programme
Robots might be getting more intelligent, but people will remain essential to the success of any organisation.
Studying Human Resources Management, will help you gain the knowledge and skills needed to attract, build, maintain and develop teams of people within any organisation in any industry.
You will explore strategic human resource management, employment policies and legal regulations, and learn about recruitment and interview techniques, rewards, pay, performance management and the future direction of human resources. As part of your studies, you will take on industry projects to acquire valuable work experience.
Students have the option to enrol in either single or double majors.
The programme can be completed in 16 months instead of 28 months. Applicants with a Polytechnic Diploma may be exempted from up to 12 units and can gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. Applicants with a Murdoch University-recognised Kaplan Diploma or a private Diploma may be exempted from up to 8 units and can also gain entry to Year 2 of the programme.
Graduation & Degree Awarded
Students who successfully complete and pass the units stipulated in the programme structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Business in Human Resources Management and Strategic Communication from Murdoch University, Australia.
The Degree will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates in Australia.
Double Majors Available
- Human Resources Executive
- Human Resources Analyst
- Human Resources Policy Officer
- Payroll and Operations Support
- Project Manager
- Recruitment Resourcer
- Human Resource Management and Business Law
- Human Resource Management and Finance
- Human Resource Management and Management
- Human Resource Management and Marketing
Area of Studies
Human Resources Management
- Business Analytics
- Change Management
- Employment Relations in Asia
- Organisational Theory and Behaviour
- Talent Acquisition
- Talent Management
- Workplace Law
Students are required to complete the following common units:
- Campaign Management
- Communication Strategy and Planning
- Content Creation
- Introduction to Digital Media Skills
- Issues and Crisis Management
- Public Relations in Society
- Web Analytics
- Building Employability Skills OR Consulting and Freelancing OR Podcast Production and Streaming
- Career Learning: Managing Your Career^
Applicants may be required to complete general elective units to fulfil the required credit points.
^3-year Polytechnic Diploma holders are exempted, subject to University’s approval.
Year 1 Unit Outline available here — private Diploma and Polytechnic Diploma holders are exempted, subject to University’s approval.
Applicants with a Polytechnic Diploma may be exempted from up to 12 units and can gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. Applicants with a Murdoch University-recognised Kaplan Diploma or a private Diploma may be exempted from up to 8 units and can also gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. The programme can be completed in 16 months instead of 28 months and applicants have the option to enrol for either Single or Double Majors.
The Bachelor’s Degree programme accepts a wide range of qualifications with advanced standing.
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Private Diploma, Advanced Diploma, ACCA or other equivalent qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants admitted to the Bachelor’s Degree programme may be required to undertake bridging units to fulfil the prerequisite knowledge. In all cases, the final decision on admission to the programme rests with the University.
- Successful completion of a recognised approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English, can be considered.
- International students are required to meet the University’s English language requirement. Click here for more information.
Duration & Intake
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme, and they have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and attend classes once or twice a week depending on their study load. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme. Each unit is supported with 24 contact hours.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor of Transnational Education and the Deputy Dean of Murdoch University are based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.
Assessment & Exams
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
There are 3 intakes per year:
Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.
Minimum class size: 20 students
Class may commence with fewer students than indicated above, subject to resource availability. In the event of cancellation, you will be notified at least 1 week before the programme commencement date, stated in your student contract with Kaplan, and our consultants will contact you to advise on a backup plan.
Maximum allowed candidature period:
If a student fails to complete the programme within the candidature period, they will not be entitled to any recourse or refund.
- 12 credit points: 2 years
- 24 credit points: 4 years
- 36 credit points: 5 years
- 48 credit points: 6 years
- 72 credit points: 10 years
- 96 credit points: 12 years
- 120 credit points: 12 years
Fees & Funding
The total tuition fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
||Fee inclusive of 8% GST(applicable on or after 1 January 2023)
(15 units with exemptions)
payable in 4 instalmentsS$28,684.80 (16 units)
payable in 4 instalments
Receive a S$400 referral fee when you recommend a friend to enrol in our Degree programme.
||Fee inclusive of 8% GST(applicable on or after 1 January 2023)
|Non-Refundable Application Fee
|Student Development Fee
Payment for this fee will be included in the first instalment.
The Student Development Fee covers the provision of a comprehensive range of initiatives aimed at enhancing the career and industry-readiness of Kaplan students, such as programmes aimed at improving interpersonal skills, technical and digital skills, as well as career advisory and job matching services.
All fees indicated are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST) at the prevailing rate. The prevailing GST rate from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023 is 8%. From 1 January 2024, the GST rate will increase to 9%. For more information on the GST revision, please refer to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) website. Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
Fees remain subject to change. Applicant will be charged the prevailing fees and GST at the time of application. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years.