With the rise of popular television shows such as CSI, Criminal Minds and Law & Order, more people are developing an interest for careers in criminology.
Criminology is the study of crime and criminal behaviour. You will gain an understanding of criminal law and how a country responds to crimes through the criminal justice system.
This involves the study of policing, criminal behaviour, and transnational and international crimes. You will study the cause and prevention of crimes from a multidisciplinary approach.
The study of criminology will help you understand why people commit crimes, how to prevent them, and how we can improve the criminal justice system.
Building Enterprise Skills
Consulting and Freelancing
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Tourism and Hospitality Law
Policing and Crime Prevention
International and Transnational Crimes
Psychology and Law
Crime through the Ages
Students are required to complete the following common units:
- Career Learning: Managing Your Career — exempted for 3-year Polytechnic Diploma holders; subject to University’s approval
- Building Enterprise Skills OR Consulting and Freelancing
Applicants may be required to complete general elective units to fulfil the required credit points.Year 1 Unit Outline — exempted for private Diploma and Polytechnic Diploma holders subject to the University’s approval
The Year 1 unit outline can be found in the Murdoch University handbook: http://handbook.murdoch.edu.au/
Applicants with a Polytechnic Diploma may be exempted from up to 12 units and can gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. Applicants with a Murdoch University-recognised Kaplan Diploma or a private Diploma may be exempted from up to 8 units and can also gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. The programme can be completed in 16 months instead of 28 months and applicants have the option to enrol for either Single or Double Majors.
The Bachelor’s Degree programme accepts a wide range of qualifications with advanced standing.
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Private Diploma, Advanced Diploma, ACCA or other equivalent qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants admitted to the Bachelor’s Degree programme may be required to undertake bridging units to fulfil the prerequisite knowledge. In all cases, the final decision on admission to the programme rests with the University.English Requirement
- Successful completion of a recognised approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English, can be considered.
- International students are required to meet the University’s English language requirement. Click here for more information.
Duration & Intake
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme, and they have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and attend classes once or twice a week depending on their study load. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme. Each unit is supported with 24 contact hours.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor of Transnational Education and the Deputy Dean of Murdoch University are based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Fees & Funding
The total fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme Fee:
- S$20,287.20 (12 units, Single Major*) payable in 4 instalments
- S$26,225.70 (12 units, Double Major with exemption) payable in 4 instalments
- S$26,857 (16 units, Double Major) payable in 4 instalments
- Receive S$400 referral fee when you recommend your friend to enrol in the Degree programme. T&Cs apply.
*Single Major refers to the Bachelor of Business in Business Law Degree.Education LoanChoice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Please click here for more information on Maybank Education loan and here for OCBC Frank Education loan. T&C apply, subject to bank’s approval.Non-Tuition Fees
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:For Singaporean/PR
- Application Fee: S$192.60
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 10 October 2020. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.