Contemporary human needs include mental health care and wellbeing. This programme addresses these growing needs by equipping you as a professional, and allowing you to explore, identify and examine intervention strategies to assist those who are at risk.
Designed by experienced educators with substantial experience working as professional counsellors and psychologists, this programme will provide you with knowledge of theories, concepts, principles, issues, and contexts relevant to working as a counsellor, as well as preparatory skills.
This programme comprises 24-credit points structured into 4 units over 6 months.
You must complete the following 4 units:
- EDF5000 Lifespan development and counselling
- EDF5001 Counselling for change and transition
- EDF5002 Introduction to ethics and professional issues in counselling
- EDF5003 Foundations in counselling: Evidence-based practice
Applicants must have successfully completed a recognised Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification with a 60% average.
Fees & Funding
The total fee covers University registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
Education LoanChoice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Programme Fee:
- Receive S$200 referral fee when you recommend your friend to enrol in this programme. T&Cs apply.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Please click here for more information on Maybank Education loan and here for OCBC Frank Education loan. T&Cs apply, subject to bank’s approval.Non-Tuition Fees
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application Fee: S$192.60
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 13 January 2021. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.