By the end of the 6 months, students should be able to:
- Develop students'confidence in using the target language for daily communication and academic work
- Use a range of simple and appropriate words, phrases and expressions to convey meaning
- Follow points in discussion on familiar everyday topic
- Negotiate turn-taking in conversations on familiar topics and topics of immediate environment
- Understand short, simple texts on familiar topics and topics of immediate environment
- Produce 3 to 5 paragraphs on familiar topics and topics of immediate environment
- Give reasons and explanations both in spoken and written form
- At least completed PSLE or Primary School Education or its equivalent.
- Student must at least score 66 marks and above in the MDIS's English Placement Test.
- Achieve a minimum score of 20 marks and above in Duolingo English Test.
Duration & Intake
Full-time: 6 months
Fees & Funding
Fees & Structure (International)
| Tuition Fees
|| Non-tuition Fees
| S$3,900.00 (per level)
|| S$1,000.00 - S$2,100.00
Application fees: S$481.50Note:
# All application fees are non-refundable.
# All fees quoted are inclusive of GST.
# International: Non-tuition fees for full-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, PCIE exam fee, medical insurance, medical examination and administrative fee.
# Non-tuition fees for international students may vary.
# Non-tuition fees are non-refundable, refer to MDIS refund policy for more details.