The Higher Diploma in Fashion Design and Marketing is a diagnostic foundation programme to gain the necessary skill-set and knowledge to confidently apply to a suitable undergraduate course in the discipline of Fashion.
The programme objectives are:
- To offer a holistic introduction to Fashion Design and Merchandising, combining technical expertise, industry awareness, design process understanding and visual communication skills.
- To provide basic 2D and 3D design skills: sketching, technical drawing, coloring, fabric handling, drafting, draping, sewing and finishing.
- To provide a sound knowledge base of concepts in Fashion Design, Fashion Marketing and Branding, Fashion Communication and Fashion Management.
- To provide the guidance to create a portfolio - suitable to apply for Bachelor of Arts programmes in Fashion-related disciplines - that shows creative research, wide cultural references, concept development, design development through mixed media work including digital work.
- To provide first-hand experience of the Fashion Industry through live projects with industry partners, participation in local and international competitions, industry visits and events.
Fashion History and Culture
Patternmaking and Production
Fashion Marketing and Merchandising
All applicants must be of age 17 and above, and must obtain one of the following requirements:
1 GCE 'A' Levels OR
International Foundation Diploma in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Arts OR
Fashion-related foundation diplomas from local polytechnics or other Private Education Institutes (PEIs) with an entry requirement of 10 years of formal education OR
International applicants must have completed 12 years of formal education OR
Mature candidates who are 30 years old and above with at least 8 years relevant work experience OR
International Foundation Diploma in Fashion and Design Marketing by MDIS
English Language Requirements
C6 pass in English at GCE ‘O’ level or equivalent OR
IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent OR
Pass the MDIS English Entrance Test conducted by MDIS OR
MDIS Professional Certificate in English OR
Online English Placement Test conducted by MDIS OR
Letter from College/University clearly stating the Medium of Instruction of the highest qualification to be English OR
Achieve a minimum score of 85 and above in Duolingo English Test
Duration & Intake
Full-time: 9 months
Fees & Funding
Fees & Structure (Local)
|| Tuition Fees
|| Non-tuition Fees
| Full-time (9 Months)
|| S$600.00 - S$1,000.00
Application fees: S$107.00Fees & Structure (International)
|| Tuition Fees
|| Non-tuition Fees
|Full-time (9 Months)
|| S$2,200.00 - S$2,500.00
Application fees: S$481.50Note:
# All application fees are non-refundable.
# All fees quoted are inclusive of GST.
# Local: Non-tuition fees for full-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, medical insurance and fee protection scheme.
Non-tuition fees for part-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop and fee protection scheme.
# International: Non-tuition fees for full-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, medical insurance, medical examination and administrative fee.
# Non-tuition fees for international students may vary.
# Non-tuition fees are non-refundable, refer to MDIS refund policy for more details.