The Plymouth MSc Data Science and Business Analytics is a multi-disciplinary programme involving three subject areas: Computing, Business and Statistics. The design of the Masters programme in Data Science and Business Analytics includes 120 credits of core modules and 60 credits of dissertation.
- To deliver a contemporary, multidisciplinary data science and business analytics curriculum that provides students with opportunities to apply acquired techniques critically to develop strategic solutions in an ever more data-dependent world, taking account of basic data protection and security issues;
- To develop high theoretical and practical competence in the use of software for manipulating, visualizing and modelling structured and unstructured data, together with a broad awareness of computational tools used in analytics applications such as eHealth;
- To provide an up-to-date tool set, including sentiment analysis, for extracting deep insights relevant to business, science or society from social media and other sources;
- To cultivate generic skills in structured, methodological programming practice and specific knowledge of computer architectures and data representation mechanisms that allow computational solutions to real-world analytics problems to be critically identified and strategically produced;
- To offer a choice of modules in finance, marketing or international business that provide cutting edge exposure to an advanced and broad range of business topics;
- To develop an enhanced ability to communicate effectively critiqued complex technical and professional concepts, including some of their social and ethical aspects, to specialized and non-specialized audiences using modern presentational tools.
- Software Development and Databases
- Non-Relational Databases in a Big Data Environment
- Big Data and Social Network Visualisation
- Modelling and Analytics for Data Science
- Branding and Marketing Communications
- International Strategic Management
- MSc Project
Local and International Application
Applicants must be of age 21 and above and possess one of the following entry requirements:
Applicants should hold first or second class honors degree or equivalent in any discipline*
Mature candidates 30 years and above with 8 years of working experience.
* Applicants need not have any prior knowledge of data analysis or statistics and/or work experience
English Language Requirements
Applicants must meet at least one of the following English Language requirements:
Possess a minimum C6 grade in English at GCE ‘O’ Level
IELTS score of 6.5 (with no element below 5.5)
Pearson Academic score of 62 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 51
MDIS Professional Certificate in English
Pass the MDIS English Placement test
Duration & Intake
Full-time: 12 Months
Part-time: 20 Months
Fees & Funding
Fees & Structure (Local)
|| Tuition Fees
|| Non-tuition Fees
|| S$700.00 - S$1,700.00
Application fees: S$160.50Fees & Structure
| Tuition Fees
|| Non-tuition Fees
|| S$3,000.00 - S$4,000.00
Application fees: S$481.50Note:
# All application fees are non-refundable.
# All fees quoted are inclusive of GST.
: Non-tuition fees for full-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, academic writing workshop, medical insurance and fee protection scheme.
# Non-tuition fees for part-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, academic writing workshop and fee protection scheme.
: Non-tuition fees for full-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, academic writing workshop, medical insurance, medical examination and administrative fee.
# Non-tuition fees for international students may vary.
# Non-tuition fees are non-refundable, refer to MDIS refund policy for more details.