About the Programme
A Finance Degree could lead you to a prestigious position with a competitive salary package – but that is not your only option. In alignment with your life goals, you could find fulfilment in non-profit organisations, government agencies or start-ups as well.
By learning how to explore business opportunities, analyse problems and find solutions, you will learn how to make informed decisions and shape business interactions in a creative, confident and ethical way.
In addition, Murdoch University’s Degree programme will provide you with a better understanding of capital investment, cost of capital, sources of funds, dividend policy, working capital management, efficient capital markets, portfolio management, the use of options, futures, forward exchange contracts and more.
By equipping yourself with a Finance Degree, you will be well-prepared to make your mark on the business landscape.
Students have the option to enrol in either single or double majors.
The programme can be completed in 16 months instead of 28 months. Applicants with a Polytechnic Diploma may be exempted from up to 12 units and can gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. Applicants with a Murdoch University-recognised Kaplan Diploma or a private Diploma may be exempted from up to 8 units and can also gain entry to Year 2 of the programme.
Graduation & Degree Awarded
Students who successfully complete and pass the units stipulated in the programme structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Business in Finance and Cyber Security and Forensics from Murdoch University, Australia.
The Degree will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates in Australia.
Double Majors Available
- Credit Manager
- Finance Broker
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Manager
- Investment Strategist
- Finance and Business Information Systems
- Finance and Business Law
- Finance and Criminology
- Finance and Global Politics and Policy
- Finance and Journalism
- Finance and Management
- Finance and Marketing
Cyber Security and Forensics
- Corporate Finance
- Derivative Securities
- Finance Law
- International Finance
- Investment Analysis
- Treasury Management
Students are required to complete the following common units:
- Computer Security
- Cyber Forensics and Information Technology
- Information Security Policy and Governance
- Security Architectures and Systems Administration
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Career Learning: Managing Your Career^
- Building Employability Skills OR Consulting and Freelancing
Applicants may be required to complete general elective units to fulfil the required credit points.
^3-year Polytechnic Diploma holders are exempted, subject to University’s approval.
Students with Murdoch University-recognised Kaplan Diplomas or relevant Private Diplomas or Polytechnic Diplomas will be given up to 8-module exemptions and gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. As students can gain entry direct to Year 2 of the programme, they can complete the programme in 16 months instead of 28 months.
The Bachelor of Business programme accepts a wide range of qualifications with advanced standing:
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Private Diploma, Advanced Diploma or foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
- In all cases, the final admission decision to the programme rests with the University
Applicants admitted to the programme maybe required to undertake bridging units in order to fulfil the required prerequisite knowledge.
- Successful completion of an approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English can be considered.
- International students are required to meet Murdoch University English language requirement. Please refer to http://www.murdoch.edu.au/_document/International-students/Murdoch_English_Entry_Requirements_Undergraduate.pdf
Duration & Intake
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme, and they have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and attend classes once or twice a week depending on their study load. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme. Each unit is supported with 24 contact hours.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor of Transnational Education & Deputy Dean of Murdoch University are based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.
Assessment & Exams
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
There are 3 intakes per year:
Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.
Minimum class size: 20 students
Class may commence with fewer students than indicated above, subject to resource availability. In the event of cancellation, you will be notified at least 1 week before the programme commencement date, stated in your student contract with Kaplan, and our consultants will contact you to advise on a backup plan.
Maximum allowed candidature period:
If a student fails to complete the programme within the candidature period, they will not be entitled to any recourse or refund.
- 12 credit points: 2 years
- 24 credit points: 4 years
- 36 credit points: 5 years
- 48 credit points: 6 years
- 72 credit points: 10 years
- 96 credit points: 12 years
- 120 credit points: 12 years
Fees & Funding
The total tuition fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
||Fee inclusive of 8% GST(applicable on or after 1 January 2023)
(13 units with exemptions)
payable in 4 instalmentsS$28,684.80 (16 units)
payable in 4 instalments
Receive a S$400 referral fee when you recommend a friend to enrol in our Degree programme.
||Fee inclusive of 8% GST(applicable on or after 1 January 2023)
|Non-Refundable Application Fee
|Student Development Fee
Payment for this fee will be included in the first instalment.
The Student Development Fee covers the provision of a comprehensive range of initiatives aimed at enhancing the career and industry-readiness of Kaplan students, such as programmes aimed at improving interpersonal skills, technical and digital skills, as well as career advisory and job matching services. More details can be found here
All fees indicated are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST) at the prevailing rate. The prevailing GST rate from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023 is 8%. From 1 January 2024, the GST rate will increase to 9%. For more information on the GST revision, please refer to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) website. Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
Fees remain subject to change. Applicant will be charged the prevailing fees and GST at the time of application. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
for more information on Mode of Payment.
Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years.
Please click here
for more information on Maybank Education loan and here for OCBC Frank Education loan. Terms and conditions apply, subject to bank’s approval.