The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Guidance and Counselling is a direct Honours Degree, which consists of 11 modules and may be completed in a minimum of 18 months in Singapore. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings and weekends.
This Bachelor Degree is a valuable foundation for those who wish to use guidance and counselling strategies as part of their role in working with young people and adults in health, education or community settings, or as the basis for further postgraduate research or professional training. The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Guidance and Counselling (Top-up) programme offers a challenging and innovative study experience which draws on theoretical perspectives and is enhanced by opportunities to put that theory into practice in a range of settings.
Studying this Degree programme with Northumbria University will equip you with a variety of skills and knowledge needed to work within a broad range of helping professions.
- PP0548 Mentoring: Theory and Practice
- PP0550 Career Development Project
- PP0549 The Skilled Helper
- PP0551 Guidance and Counselling in Groups
- PP0554 Mending the Gap: Collaborative Learning with Service Users
- PP0552 Research in Practice
- PP0635 Guidance and Counselling Projects
- PP0636 Models of Career Guidance Practice
- PP0638 Brief Approaches to Counselling and Helping
- PP0637 Engaging with Older Clients
- PP0639 Narrative Approaches to Counselling and Helping
Minimum Entry Requirements:
– Polytechnic Diploma
– Kaplan Diploma
– Other Private Diplomas or foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
– In all cases, the final decision for admission to the programme rests with the University
– IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
– Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirements (https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/international/international-admissions/english-language-requirements/)
Fees & Funding
The total fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
Education LoanChoice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs:
- Programme fee:
- S$20,437.00 payable in 6 instalments
- Receive S$400 referral bursary when you recommend a friend to enrol for a Degree programme. T&Cs apply.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years.
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Please click here for more information on Maybank Education loan and here for OCBC Frank Education loan. T&Cs apply, subject to bank’s approval.
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application Fee: S$181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated, and are accurate as of 1 November 2018. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.