The Bachelor of Science (Chemistry) course is designed to explore the chemistry that is most relevant to our understanding of biochemistry, biotechnology and molecular biology. During this course, students will focus on building practical skills as well as understanding the theory and research which applies directly to the pharmaceutical and biotechnological industries. Students will learn about the characterisation of drugs, drug-like molecules, computer-assisted drug design, drug analysis, molecular biology, pharmacology of drugs, drug research and drug development.
This course has been particularly developed to support the internationally growing biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries and provide students with a robust basis for progressing into a wide variety of chemistry-based post-graduate study and career paths
Full-fledged campus with well-equipped life science laboratories.
English Language Requirement
- GCE ‘A’-Levels minimum 7 in total for the best 3 H2 subjects with Min. Grade C for Chemistry or STPM 8 in total for the best 3 academic subjects, and grade C for Chemistry; OR
- Local Science-related diploma in relevant areas; OR
- Local Engineering diploma with Calculus Mathematics background and has a ‘C’ average grade may be considered; OR
- PSB Academy Foundation Diploma in Life Sciences with an average Pass, and with a Pass in each of the units; OR
- Private diploma qualifications related to science with an entry requirement of 10 years of formal education.
- GCE 'O' or 'A' level English min grade C or equivalent; OR
- IELTS (Academic) score of 6.0 with no individual band score less than 6.0; OR
- TOEFL Paper-based Test - a minimum overall score of 550 with a score of 5 or more in the Test of Written English;OR
- TOEFL Internet-based Test - 64 with 13 in Reading, 12 in Listening, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing; OR
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE) Overall score of 50 with no communicative skill score less than 50.
Duration & Intake
Part time: 48 months
Fees & Funding
- Total Programme Fee : S$46,224.00*
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Programme fees exclude textbooks