The Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology) aims to train students in the key elements of biotechnology and manipulation of molecular biological data to quality individuals to be able to work in nascent biotechnology enterprises. Students will study the biochemistry related to biomembranes, protein structure and function, bioinformatics and gene structure and function. The practical work includes hands on experience in biochemistry and molecular biology techniques and allows student to develop general laboratory skills in experimental design and data interpretation.
Full-fledged campus with well-equipped life science laboratories.
English Language Requirement
- GCE ‘A’-Levels minimum 7 in total for the best 3 H2 subjects with Min. Grade C for Chemistry or STPM 8 in total for the best 3 academic subjects, and grade C for Chemistry; OR
- Local Science-related diploma in relevant areas; OR
- Local Engineering diploma with Calculus Mathematics background and has a ‘C’ average grade may be considered; OR
- PSB Academy Foundation Diploma in Life Sciences with an average Pass, and with a Pass in each of the units; OR
- Private diploma qualifications related to science with an entry requirement of 10 years of formal education.
- GCE 'O' or 'A' level English min grade C or equivalent; OR
- IELTS (Academic) score of 6.0 with no individual band score less than 6.0; OR
- TOEFL Paper-based Test - a minimum overall score of 550 with a score of 5 or more in the Test of Written English;OR
- TOEFL Internet-based Test - 64 with 13 in Reading, 12 in Listening, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing; OR
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE) Overall score of 50 with no communicative skill score less than 50.
Duration & Intake
Full time: 28 months
Part time: 48 months
Fees & Funding
- Total Programme Fee : S$46,224.00*
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Programme fees exclude textbooks