The Foundation Diploma in Life Sciences programme aims to instil a firm foundation in the basic knowledge of Life Sciences, while developing the students’ ability to think clearly and to express their ideas, whether verbally or in writing, with clarity and logic. The modules offered in this programme differ qualitatively from traditional biology, chemistry and mathematics, both in terms of teaching approach and the quality of time spent in the laboratory.
- Purpose-Built Science Labs
Work with some of the industry’s most commonly used equipment across our three life science and chemistry labs, which are designed through more than 10 years of teaching life science.
- Learn from Subject Experts
Learn from our experienced academic team, with PhDs from reputable universities in Singapore and abroad.
- Progress to a Bachelor's Degree
Diploma graduates may continue with La Trobe University’s Life Science Degrees.
- Fundamentals of Mathematics
- Fundamentals of Chemistry
- Introduction to Biological Science
- Biomedical and Environmental Biology
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Introduction to Mathematics for Life Science
- Statistics and Applied Mathematics
Note: Modules may not necessary be conducted in the listed sequence.
English Language Requirements
- 1 GCE ‘O’ level; OR
- NITEC/Higher NITEC; OR
- Mature candidates (≥ 30 years old with 8 years work experience);
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may also apply but will be assessed on a case-by-case basisMinimum Age Requirement
- 1 GCE ‘O’ level English (grade 1 to 6) or equivalent; OR
- IELTS score of 5.5; OR
- PSB Academy’s Certificate in English Proficiency programme; OR
- PSB Academy English Proficiency Test (A retest score range is allowed for marks between 45–49); OR
- WPL Literacy Level 5; OR
- Post-Secondary Qualifications, where certified that English is the sole medium of instruction; OR
- Professional Qualifications (ie: WSQ, LCCI, ACCA etc.)
Duration & Intake
Full-time: 9 - 12 months
Part-time: 12 - 15 months
(Depending on number of exemptions for students with relevant prior learning)
- January, March, June, September
Fees & Funding
Total Course Fees
New Students: S$9,416.00
Progressing Students: S$8,474.60
Payment Instalments: 2
Up to S$250 NTUC UTAP training subsidy available for this programme.
Total course fee is inclusive of lab fees.
Application Fee: S$107.00
All fees are subject to annual revision.