The Diploma in Sport and Exercise Sciences is designed to meet an increasing demand and need for sport, health, exercise and fitness practitioners to help improve the health and fitness levels of health-conscious individuals, gym members, and corporate clients, and to nurture sport science and coaching practitioners who are focused on skills development and high-performance sports.
Students pursuing this programme can expect to be adequately and rigorously trained in functional anatomy, nutrition, psychology, sport coaching, and analysis of skills. Students will also be equipped to be industry ready and relevant through a rigorous programme aimed at imparting practical knowledge on sport and exercise sciences, personal training and the management of lifestyle and weight.
This diploma is accredited by the International Sports Professional Association (ISPA) - the largest international accreditation body for professionals serving athletes and athletic communities worldwide. The ISPA is also a specialty certification authority best known for the creation of the first and only certification for healthcare providers whom treat and rehabilitate patients of workers' compensation (CWcHP).
The ISPA Accreditation signifies PSB Academy's commitment to provide education at the highest possible standards & practices. Students graduating from this ISPA-accredited programme are rewarded with an excellent credential for professional and career development.
Full-fledged campus with well-equipped sport science laboratory.
At the end of this programme, students will be able to:
- Understand the core knowledge on subjects related to sport and exercise sciences such as nutrition, psychology, functional anatomy, and strength and conditioning
- Apply the above knowledge towards developing skills in personal training and lifestyle/weight management
- Apply the above knowledge towards developing skills in principles of coaching and analysis of skills
- Be equipped with valuable hands-on and industry-related experience through quality supervision and applied projects.
- 2 GCE A-Level passes; OR
- PSB Academy Certificate in Sport and Exercise Sciences; OR
- PSB Academy Foundation Diploma in Life Sciences; OR
- PSB Academy Certificate in Business Management; OR
- Mature candidates (30 years old with 8 years work experience)
English Proficiently Level
- GCE 'O' level English (grade 1 to 7) or equivalent; OR
- PSB Academy English Proficiency Test @40% (can be taken twice at lower mark 35%); OR
- WPLN Literacy Level 5; OR
- Post-Secondary Qualifications, where certified that English is the sole medium of instruction; OR
- Professional Qualifications (ie: WSQ, LCCI, ACCA etc.)
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may also apply, but will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Full/Part time: 12 month
|Funding / Grants||