Mechanical Engineering is considered the broadest of all engineering disciplines. It is concerned with the design, manufacture, operation and maintenance of mechanical devices, equipment and systems. Develop a sound understanding of the design, manufacture, operation and maintenance of mechanical devices, equipment and systems.
The Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering degree awarded by The University of Newcastle, Australia delivers an introduction to the fundamental principles of engineering science and practice. Concentration on underlying principles and development of learning ability prepare graduates for a wide range of career options where they can continue to expand their skills.
The UON Engineering degrees in Singapore prepares students with a compulsory 12 weeks of industrial placement in addition to academic studies. Students are allowed to source and negotiate their own work experience, subject to approval by the Faculty Board. The University provides students with the necessary support during the placement, while PSB Academy’s Student Affairs team offers additional career guidance to ensure our students enjoy a seamless experience.
Some of the companies that our students have had their industrial placement include:
- ST Kinetics
- PUB Singapore
- Meinhardt (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Robert Bosch (SEA) Pte Ltd
- Proctor & Gamble Europe SA Singapore Branch
- Land Transport Authority
- Tetra Pak Pte Ltd
- Direct Entry to Academic Year 2
Enjoy module exemptions with a relevant diploma qualification. (Subject to University’s approval)
- Study at Our STEM Campus
Enjoy well-equipped engineering and computer lab facilities at PSB Academy’s STEM Campus.
- Acquire a Strong Engineering Core
Delve into industry-relevant subjects such as Mechanical Engineering Design and Sustainable Engineering Practice.
Delivery of modules may not follow the sequence above and are subject to changes.
- Introduction to Professional Engineering
- Introduction to Procedural Programming
- Mathematics for Engineering, Science and Technology 1
- Advanced Physics 1
- Introduction to Engineering Mechanics
- Mathematics for Engineering, Science and Technology 2
- Introduction to Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Drawing/ CAD & Workshop Practice
- Mechanical Engineering Design 1
- Calculus of Science and Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering 1
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanics of Solids
- Mechatronic Systems
- Materials Science and Engineering 2
- Ethics, Technology and Engineering
- Managing Engineering Projects
- Automatic Control
- EPC: Elective
- Dynamics of Machines
- Transport Phenomena
- Applied Engineering Thermodynamics
- Engineering Economic Analysis
- Computational Mechanics
- Engineering Computations 2
- Mechanical Engineering Project A
- EPC: Elective
- Mechanical Engineering Design 2
- Adv Computer Aided Engineering and Manufacturing
- Mechanical Engineering Project B
English Language Requirements
Minimum Age Requirement
- GCE A-Levels (minimum 3 subjects); OR
- A 3-year Diploma from a local Polytechnic or equivalent; OR
- Completion of the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology from PSB Academy; OR
- Other Diploma or equivalent qualification would be assessed on a case by case basis.
All Applicants must demonstrate that they meet the University’s English proficiency requirement. Applicants who do not speak English as a first language must demonstrate that they meet the University’s English proficiency requirement through one of the following methods:English Language Tests
- GCSE – English Language or Literature
- IGCSE – A level English or Humanities
- Overall Score: Minimum Grade C
- IELTS Academic
- Overall Score: 6.0
- Section minimums are: 6.0 R/L/S/W
- TOEFL IBT
- Overall Score: 60
- Minimum Individual Skills Test: R: 13, L: 12, S: 18 and Writing: 21
- PTE Academic (GSE)
- Overall Score: 50
- Section Minimum: 54
- PSB Certificate in Academic English (PSB CAE)
- Students must obtain 60% or more in each of the 4 exams. Each of the 4 exams is of equal weighting.
English language test scores must be less than 2 years old at the date of application to The University of Newcastle, Australia.
Duration & Intake
Fees & Funding
Total Course Fees
For New Students: S$67,709.60
For New Students: S$67,709.60
Application Fee: S$128.40
Student Development Fee: S$321.00
Application Fee: S$450.00
Students Induction and Development Fee: S$1,070.00
All fees are inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually.