Course Objective: To build confidence in employee to be competent in using applications on smart devices, going digital at workplaces, using digital and digitized content at the workplace.
Target audience:All existing Employees and individuals re-launching their careers
- To be aware of the type of jobs in the future economy and how the future workplace will be like
- Working in a digital workplace
- Aware of the importance of cyber security in digital environment
- Understand how data and information can be used effectively in business for higher productivity and make good business decisions
- To inform employees on emerging technologies and how it positively impacts work
- Improve one’s ability to interpret and differentiate data and potential data threats
- Equip employees with the right mindset and competency to adapt to technological changes in the workplace
- Bringing the employee into the digital experience and transformation at the workplace by exposing them to use of online collaboration services and using smart devices to be high effectively doing high order tasks.
- Identify different types of data threats.
- Use of different technology for higher productivity and business needs
- Acquire basic knowledge on ICloud computing and the use of applications on it
- Utilize mobile applications and the use of web resources for lifelong learning
- Examples of applications such as MyTransport.sg, parking.sg, mobile payment transactions
Hands-on lesson with smart devices like mobile phones and tablets. Application of theory, micro learning and interactive peer-learning
Area of Studies
- Future of Work
- Introduction to digital and emerging technologies – studying pervasive technologies and weighing the impact of it, such as the rise of the gig economy and changing landscape of the workforce (e.g. people can now opt for freelance / part-time work with companies like Grab or TaskRabbit as opposed to full time stable jobs – why and how is this sustainable?)
- Introduction to Industry 4.0, Internet of Things (IoT), Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), Artificial Intelligence (AI) – examining the extensive web of the internet and how it relates to our day to day life (IoT). Testing some of the useful tools such as VR lens to see how it works and how it may be applied to our lives or workplace, now or in the future.
- Introduction to Big data and data analysis – discuss examples of big data and data giants such as Google. Look at some ways big data is being used/can be used at our workplace. Introduction of concepts such as BlockChain and what it is used for (eg the technology behind cryptocurrency)
- Apply the right mind-set for the digitalised workplace – learn practical ways on how to develop the right mind-set to thrive in the digitalised workplace
- Digital Possibilities
- Introduction to digitalisation – defining the term and brainstorming on digitalisation that we see at home or at work
- Appreciation of everyday applications, digital transactions – exploring and trying out the Digital Wallet, learning how to pay money and receive money via Digital wallet
- 2FA (Accessing secured information, SingPass) – How 2FA works and uses/effectiveness of 2FA
- QR codes (e-payment, linking to information) – how QR codes work and how it Is different from a barcode. Uses of the QR code and how to generate your own QR code
- Mobile connectivity – connecting to WiFi networks and creating hotspots etc
- Cyber Security Basics
- Recognise the different threats and malwares in the cyberspace – covering how various types of threats and risks work to sabotage you and your computers at home or at work
- Know and apply ways to protect personal data and prevent unauthorised infiltration – practical ways to safeguard yourself from these threats and risks (eg encryption, firewalls, email security – how to spot a fake etc)
- Adopt good practices to secure information in the digital devices – practical ways to secure information (eg cloud backup, physical security practices etc)
- Productivity Tools and Apps – explore and try out the various tools features and functions of the following and how it can be applied at work (hands-on)
- Communication apps (WhatsApp, Skype, Slack)
- Digital transactions, E-wallet and QR code (Wechat, Paylah, GrabPay, Apple Pay, Google Pay)
- Cloud computing (Google Drive, Dropbox)
- Document sharing (Google Docs, Google Forms, Google Calendar)
- Online Information Usage
- Recognise the need to examine the information obtained from online – understanding the vastness of information in the internet and how not everything is trustworthy. Assessing the impact of fake news.
- Evaluate the online information before use – learning to exercise scepticism in evaluation of online information using the “AAOC” framework. Participants to practice discerning between reliable news and fake news.
- Lifelong Learning
- Adopt principles of learning agility in acquiring new digital skills – discovering and understanding your personal learning style and subsequently what helps lubricate your learning
- Charting the learning plan (using SkillsFuture website) – developing a learning plan that aligns with your future goals
Duration & Intake
2 Days (0830-1730)
Fees & Funding
||After Training Grant (inclusive of GST)