Reasons to choose Murdoch University
In this programme, students will learn about the major fields of Psychology at advanced levels. Areas include the application of Psychology to facilitating individual, family and organisational changes, advanced psychological assessment, preparation for graduate diploma study and the research project.
The Graduate Diploma in Psychology assists students who wish to meet the minimum education qualification requirements for registration to work as a Psychologist. They will also be eligible to apply for entry into an accredited Masters in Psychology Degree programme.
More reasons to choose Murdoch University
- World’s Top 100 Universities under 50 years old (Times Higher Education Young University 2017 – Top 200 global universities under 50 years old)
- Top 100 Best Universities in the Asia-Pacific region (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017)
- World’s Top 100 Most International Universities (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016 – Top 200 Most International Universities)
GRADUATION AND DEGREE
- Complete in 12 months
- 4 Industry-relevant modules and 1 project
- 100% University Faculty-taught
- Eligible to apply for entry into an accredited Murdoch Masters in Psychology Degree programme
- Flexibility to plan your own timetable to suit your busy schedule
- The Dean from Murdoch University is based in Singapore to oversee the academic aspects of the programmes and to ensure a high standard of academic delivery here. This is an exclusive arrangement by Murdoch University.
- Member of The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the programme structure will be awarded the Graduate Diploma in Psychology
from Murdoch University
The degree will be the same as that awarded to on-campus graduates in Murdoch University Australia.
STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
The programme consists of 4 units and 1 project.
||PSY536 Psychology: Principles and Processes of Psychological Intervention
||PSY544 Psychology: Practical Skills
||PSY598 Advanced Psychological Assessment
||PSY599 Graduate Seminar in Psychology
||PSY541 Psychology Project
The Graduate Diploma in Psychology programme accepts a wide range of qualifications. These include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology.
- Other qualifications or a Degree completed more than 10 years will be assessed on a case–by-case basis.
- In all cases, the final decision for admission to the programme rests with Murdoch University
Additional Entry Requirement
- Applicants are required to meet Murdoch University’s English language requirement.
Duration & Intake
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme. The Dean from Murdoch University is based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our programme consultant to obtain a copy of the class schedules.
Fees & Funding
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: SGD 25,680.00 payable in 2 instalments.
- Receive $400 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our Master’s Degree programmes. T&Cs apply.
- Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
Please click here for more information on Maybank Education loan and here for OCBC Frank Education loan. T&C apply, subject to bank’s approval.Non-tuition Fees
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 1 May 2018. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.