This programme is 100% University faculty-taught. You will learn about the major fields of Psychology at advanced levels. You will be required to complete a research project in an area of psychology.
Take your first step to becoming a registered Psychologist, with programme units specifically designed to enhance your practical skills and theoretical knowledge. Upon attaining the Graduate Diploma, you are eligible to apply for entry into an accredited Masters in Psychology Degree programme with Murdoch University Australia.
The Murdoch Advantage
- World’s Top 100 Universities under 50 years old by Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2019 – Top 351 Global Universities under 50 years old
- Top 100 Best Universities in the Asia-Pacific region by Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019
- Murdoch University Faculty
The collective expertise of Murdoch University Singapore Office’s teaching staff, comprising both industry experts and academics with PhD qualifications, allows students to gain practical learning and critical thinking skills.
You have the flexibility to plan your own schedule and study at your own pace.
- Professional Accreditation, Recognition & Memberships
The programmes are accredited and recognised by professional bodies.
- Technology-integrated Learning
Technology-integrated learning refers to a study experience in which students achieve a given set of learning outcomes by interacting in more than one medium. This approach involves the meaningful and balanced use of digital media such as recorded lectures, podcasts, text or graphics, with other elements such as a video or quiz. It may even encompass active learning methods such as student-generated blogs, where appropriate.
With technology-integrated learning, students will not only reap the benefits of face-to-face guidance and collaboration but also – in carrying out some of their learning online – benefit from added flexibility and control over the time, place, path and pace of learning.
- Studiosity – an on-demand, study-support service
Students will be given additional academic support via the access to Studiosity which is an on-demand, study-support service. Trained network subject specialists are available to offer you help.
- Murdoch University is recognised by the Australian government
- Member of The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
Core Units & Project
Graduate Diploma in Psychology
||Advanced Psychological Assessment
||Graduate Seminar in Psychology
||Psychology: Practical Skills
||Psychology: Principles and Processes of Psychological Intervention
The Graduate Diploma in Psychology programme accepts the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
- Other qualifications or a Degree completed more than 10 years will be assessed on a case–by-case basis in all cases, the final decision for admission to the programme rests with Murdoch University
In all cases, the final decision for admission to the programme rests with Murdoch University.
ApplicationApplicants are required to complete the application by providing:
- Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement, which can be found here: – https://www.murdoch.edu.au/docs/default-source/study/admissions/international/minimum-english-language-requirements-undergraduate.pdf
- Duly completed and signed application form
- List of qualifications, certificates and proof of official transcript from each institution attended (Certified copy of the official transcript is acceptable)
- Photocopy of passport or identification card
- 1 passport-sized photograph
- Programme application fee
Please note that the application is not complete without all the items stated above. As the programme involves regular use of internet, email and other online resources, students must possess a personal computer and have an internet connection to access materials electronically from the university and to participate in appropriate pedagogic interaction.
Duration & Intake
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme. This Graduate Diploma in Psychology programme consists of 5 units and may be completed in 18 months.
Units can be assessed by any combination of in-class participation, written assignments, individual group project work, in-term tests and the final examination. Examinations are held after office hours or on weekends. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Graduation & Recognition
Students who successfully complete and pass the units stipulated in the programme structure will be awarded the Graduate Diploma in Psychology from Murdoch University. The Graduate Diploma will be the same as that awarded to on-campus graduates in Australia.
There are 3 intakes per year:
Please contact our programme consultant to obtain a copy of the class schedules.
Fees & Funding
The total fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
Education LoanChoice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Programme fee: $22,470.00 payable in 3 instalments
- Receive S$400 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join apply for a Master’s our Degree programme. T&Cs apply. Please refer https://www.kaplan.com.sg/course/all/humanities-social-sciences/graduate-diploma-psychology/?versionb=1
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
For more information, you may contact Maybank Education Loan or OCBC Frank Education Loan. T&Cs apply, subject to bank’s approval.Non-tuition Fees
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 28 February 2020. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.