The Diploma programme consists of 8 subjects and may be completed in 8 months.
- Foundational Psychology (FP)
- Ethics in Counselling (EC)
- Personality and Health Psychology (PHP)
- Psychological Research Methods and Analysis (PRMA)
- Principles of Mental Health (PMH)
- Quantitative Research in Psychology (QTRP)
- Counselling Skills (CS)
- Qualitative Research in Psychology (QLRP)
The programme can be completed in 8 months and taught over 4 terms of 8 weeks with each term covering 2 units. Each unit of this part-time programme will be delivered over an 8-week cycle and is timetabled to include assessment, consultation, technology integrated learning and 22 contact hours*.
*Please take note that the full duration of each unit as timetabled stands at 28 hours.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
- Kaplan Foundation Diploma; or
- Mature candidates (30 years old or older with 8 years of work experience); or
- GCE A-Level; or
- Other private or foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
GCE O-Level/NITEC/Higher NITEC holders can gain entry to the Diploma programmes after completing the Kaplan Foundation Diploma.
Students who do not meet the entry requirements may contact our Programme Consultants on the alternative programmes available.English Language Requirement:
- GCE O-Level English (Grade 1 to 7) or equivalent; or
- Kaplan English Placement Test
Fees & Funding
The total fee covers lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Diploma/Advanced Diploma (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme Fee:
- Installment 1: S$1,430
- Installment 2: S$1,430
- Installment 3: S$1,218.25
- Installment 4: S$1,218.25
Total Fees: S$5,296.50
- Receive S$200 referral bursary1 when you recommend your friend to join our diploma programme. T&Cs apply.
GCE O-level, NITEC will be required to take Foundation Diploma programme. The number of foundation modules is subjected to assessment by the Academic Board.Non-Tuition Fees
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 30 December 2020. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.